1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Rib who can put one on to your specs??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WesleyB, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to send o/u barrels to get a rib of my specs put on that will last?

Thanks Wesley

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Money maker and Simmons(jerry's sport)

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Dennis DeVault, Canton, Ohio. Fred

4. bow377

bow377 TS Member

Wesley I beg of you don't go to Keen'sights and if you do don't beleive what Vickie tell you. Keen'sights will make you a Rib, but that doesn't meed your going to get what you ask for. When you retudn the Ribs they will not respone. They will make no effort correct the problem.

5. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Personally I've had great results dealing with MoneyMaker.

hubcap

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Roger Eubannks in Idaho is the best as far as I am concerned. Alfermann has Roger build their ribs for them I am told. Moneymaker has done great work for a bunch of people and I know guys who use them still. I wouldn't due to the attitude they have displayed on this site when faced with complaints about their work. Keensites does a fine job as long as you do not mind an add on rib rather then a rib that is built in place. I am not into doing the work myself and would rather pay the big bucks for a rib built to my specs. I am not saying that the Keens rib is a bad product. it's just not for me but they have plenty of happy customers and at least one not so happy customer as refrenced above. Jeff Westlund

7. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

WesleyB

Let the arguments begin ?????? Bad commutations bad results ???????

8. victoria K

victoria K Member

THIS IS VICKI KEEN OF KEENSIGHTS,

My customer satisfaction is # 1 priority to me and the comments made by arrow1920 (KOZ) is ridiculous. YOU BE THE JUDGE
    When we talked to Koz he stated that his comb was all the way down and he could not lower point of impact any more, he wanted a taller rib with a little lower poi, the taller rib would then give him room to fine tune his comb for the point of impact he wanted. He left us two barrels and wanted two rib installed same height and pitch, the work was done and barrels hand delivered to him. about 6 months go by then I get a call from him telling me the pitch was in the wrong direction and he wanted us to make him new ribs and take the old ones back, I double checked with the machinist just to conform his order, I called him back and explained that we built the ribs to his specifications that he had given to the machinist and again to me, and that we did not exchange ribs once they are made for a customer. It would have been a different story if we had made the ribs wrong, we would have corrected the problem or made new ribs. Just think about it.... if he only needed his gun to shoot higher he could have simply raised his comb, but if he needed to lower poi and his comb was all the way down he would either need to get a taller rib or cut his stock to lower point of impact. I’m sorry you’re needs changed over the last year since you placed the order but to try to place blame on us is ridicules.

arrow1920 (Koz) if you’re going to slam me and my Co. then at least have the balls to sign your name to the end of your ranting.

Vicki Keen

9. Trapgeezer

Trapgeezer TS Member

Just as a matter of interest, is it possible that if they were higher on one end that they were installed backwards? Who did the installation?

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A signature on a work order for specifics would help, if not required now? Hap

11. bow377

bow377 TS Member

Vickie you are in error on many points, you did not make the ribs I ask for, You did not pickup the barrels, some other gentleman did, you did not call me, and you can't produce phone records to back your claim, you did not hand deliver the barrels, I drove to Bakersfield just off Union Ave. to pick them up.
    I will not respone on TS.com any more. I know what type of conpany I did busness with, I've long giv'en up on you. My point is to let other shooters know what type of company I did busness with. Yes Vickie I have BALLS. KOZ

12. atashooter

atashooter Member

" I think the P.O.I. is a widdle woe"

[​IMG]

13. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Not sure what happened here; but I know Koz. I've worked for him, and he is a man of character, and also, quite a character. We got crossed up when we first met( I'm a touch grouchy), but once we got things straight, all was good. I'd squad with Koz anytime. By the way, the old boy still has a set.

Dave Weaverling

14. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Vicki, I have thought about it as you suggest, and am not sure it's always the way you see it.

There are two reasons why the customer might be unable to make the gun shoot low enough.

1. He is too far above the rib with the comb all the way down and so it shoots high because of the improper angles, and

2. He can get all the way down, sight right down the rib in fact, and still it shoots high because is was made that way, wrong for the customer.

In the first case, I can see that a higher parallel rib would help but in the second I don't see how just adding a taller parallel rib would do much of anything. OK, lower the POI by the height of the rib, but what's that going to help?

If the ribs really were pitched, as you suggest, unless they were pitched backwards (high in front) and he was suffering from (2) above, I can't see how an add on rib would help. Wouldn't it be worse? Just as Koz is claiming? In other words, was the rib you made pitched high in front/low in back?

Neil

15. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I am wanting a fixed rib, I think? Never been around a adjustable one. Just thought a fixed would be more rugged. Really i just wished my rib was higher in the front. It shoots high now. Wished it was as simple as to just take out some rib post and just add in taller ones. But to do things right I have been told i need to have mine taken off and start all over. Right now with everything in its lowest position i cant see over the rib. Either i need to lower the rear of rib or raise the front. Seems to me. I want to thank each of you for posting. When u spend lots of money u want it done right the first time. No one is perfect, each has their faults. Its not a mistake if the problem is corrected i believe. I will take each comment to heart, good and bad, Just becareful because its a small world out there. Just remember the butt your chewing on now may be connected to the feet your kissing tomorrow!! Or vice versa.

Thanks
    WesleyB

16. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Wesley, I've no doubt that if you tell Vicki your problem just as you have written it here, she will be able to deliver - by hand or not - exactly what you want. You should be able to say about how much you want the POI raised - and to do that, you will have to know for sure where it shoots now - and from then on it's just trigonometry which for a machinist is duck soup.

Neil

17. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

Russ, Vicki did the ones on my Kolar combo as well, they're great.

18. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

Russ, I don't notice much difference in weight, but it must be there. What I do notice are the barrels tendency to keep moving as I swing on a target, more so than before. Yes, I called Kolar and they sent me 5/8" post extensions, they go right on top of the factory ones and they give you longer screws to secure them, it works slick.--Dan--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.