1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New rib or add on

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nailer123, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I have a bt99 when i have the gun where i like it and i'm hitting targets. I see about 21/2 inchs of rib between the beads.I'm having a hard time getting the gun in the same spot i have doubles gun with a higher rib everthing lines right up .The bt99 does not have an ajustable comb on it.So do i go with an add on or new rib moneymakers can do it for $365 and they are just down the street.

2. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

I believe you will still need an adjustable comb. I would recommend Keenssights. I added a rib on my Ljutic and the results are great. You can probably get the rib and comb done for what the Moneymaker rib alone costs.

Arnie

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I'm with Arnie. Vicki Keen can do anything you want for a add-on. I just got back from AZ and find my third one from her here waiting to be installed tonight. I've been very happy with her service. Good luck, Bob

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I just installed a Keensight and think it,s going to work fine . I had the same problem as you but was only seeing about 1/2 inch between the beads . I did,t change the poa much and got a add-on rib 3/8,s inch high in the back down alittle in front . It took about 15 min to install and set over night then ready to go . It looks good being short as in not tall .

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Add on rib Dennis Devault. You will probably need an adj comb and there are many who can do that for you.

Joe goldberg

6. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I have had great luck working with Dave Berlet, New Knoxville, Ohio. He make's add-on ribs out of Delrin. Just tell him where you want the gun to shoot and he will make it do exactly what you want. He also does adjustable stocks. He will soft top them for you also if desired. Great work, reasonable prices. Contact him at 419-753-2557 or DSBERLET@NKTELCO.NET. Tell Big Papa gave you the information.

7. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

How do i know how much to rise the back if i oder one

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

nailer Talk to some of the people selling add-on ribs . I called Vicki at Keensight and told her what I would like . My gun has an 80/20 rib but seeing 1/2 inch of rib it shot close to 90/10 or 100% . I ask her to add that to the add-on rib . Now my gun shoots very close to 100% looking down the rib and the small rib I added looks factory .

ALF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.