1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Rep chairman does not own a gun

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by almost unemployed, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

Steele was the only candidate running for RNC chair who didn't own a gun.
    (Scroll down about halfway, next to Time magazine picture.)

Look for a Republican cave in on gun issues.

2. JOND

JOND TS Member

I thought that Biden just shoots off his big mouth!! JOND

3. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I don't give a damn whether he owns one or not (remember the number of liberal Democrats who own them but want to restrict our ownership anyway). I care how he feels about OUR owning them. Michael Steele seems to be quite aware of our rights and very forthright about ensuring that they are a mainstay of the Republican platform.

If he's being truthful - I've no reason to suspect otherwise at this time - that's plenty good enough for me.

Tony

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Michael Steele is from DC where almost nobody ownes a gun! Growing up in an inner city with such gun restriction, a person would have little opportunity to learn to shoot. If we are going to use gun ownership as the litmus test for Republicans, we might as well give up now! If the Dems can divide us, we are already finished.

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Why don't we invite all of THEM to our individual clubs to experiance the fun of trap shooting or any kind of shooting. I for one would like to have the President come to my club or to any club in New Jersey for a few short rounds of trap...

Education is a wonderful thing. I know of many people who just came out to watch and got hooked...

6. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Saw this yesterday on the shooting wire. Quote attributed to the new chairman. If true, I'm writing my congressman, the state and national committee and ask that he be given an attitude adjustment and try to begin to understand what our second amendment rights are all about.

Exerpt from The Shooting Wire, 2/4/2009

When you consider that the Republican National Committee's new head, Michael Steele, is quoted in the Examiner as saying "society should draw lines. What do you need an assault weapon for, if you're going hunting? That's overkill. But I don't think that means you go for a total ban for those who want to us a gun for skeet shooting or hunting or things like that. But what's the point of passing gun laws if you're not going to enforce them? If you want to talk about gun control, that's where we need to start…"

Actually, Mr. Steel, your comment makes it obvious that gun owners have once again been hosed by a political party that claimed it was solidly in support of the Second Amendment.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

And just what would and/or do you expect from a City Boy of questionable heritage???

The Chairman of the RNC is just a mouthpiece and figurehead anyway....the locals make up the platform!

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.