1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Remington semi-auto bottom eject

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Matthew Moser, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

Does anybody own or have shot the new Remington bottom eject semi-auto. If so, what do you think of it. Please give me feedback.
    Thanks, Matthew.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I believe that you are refering to the 105cti.There is a very good write-up in the January 2007 issue of "Sporting Clays" magazine. You might be able to access the write-up on their website.

www.SportingClays.net

ec90t

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Tron you have point. It does point out some of the features and gives a little indication on what can be expected.

ec90t

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I don't care for bottom ejects. Gimmie an 1187 any day.

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great if your ambidextrous.

Ed Yanchok

6. BMC

BMC Member

Several guys over on SGW in the Remington forum have given their impressions of the guy over the course of owning it. Seems the consensus is they don't particularly like light loads for a while and need to chew on some heavy stuff for a while before going lighter. One other interesting thing I recall was a few fellas has trouble using the Winchester Universal type loads which really doesn't surprise me as even my son's 1100 has trouble with those on occasion.

7. solutions2

solutions2 TS Member

I bought one about 3 weeks ago and have only had time to put a couple hundred thru it, but I have to say I enjoy shooting it more than anything else I've used. Can't put a finger on any one thing, but I know I shot better with it (clays) than ever before.

The recoil is light, but the odd thing is that there doesn't seem to be any difference between the light Winchester loads and 3" heavy duck loads. I even put light target loads through it and it cycled it all. I tried a blind test by loading a mix of heavy and light to see if I could tell a difference. I could, but it was really due to a difference in muzzle blast. Recoil was about the same. I'm hoping to use it a whole lot more in the next few weeks.

Bryan

8. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

If you do A search you may find he rite up I did on hear last fall.
    I had a chance to shoot a round of clays with one and absolutely loved it. Solutions2's remarks about recoil are right on. I also mixed light and heavy loads in the gun and could not make it jam. I hope to have one of my own by fall.

Lee

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

How do you catch your hulls? laundry basket?

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Shannon391,

With a modified TS shell catcher.

ec90t

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Get one and you won't have to squad alone for doubles.

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

I will never shoot an auto that won't bean the shooter to my starbord in the head. It's one of lifes little pleasures.

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

Don't like it.... Shot one last fall. First... the bolt closure stinks. Its sharp and hard on the fingers. Next I did not like the glued on plastic rib. Cheap. Also the recoil pad is like having scotch tape on it. Also they did nor allow for any stock adjustment.

In short... stay away from the thing until Remington comes to their senses and fixes the POS.

TB

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

TSaber in a way has a good point. I would stay away from spending money on a 105cti until Remington has some time with it. I dont care how much R&D time they do on anything because until you get a production run or two done and 1000's in the field you dont get a chance to really know all the quirks of an item.

It is a new design and it looks great but not great enough to plop money down on the innaugural run of them. Give it time and see what happens ... it might be a discontinued gun in a year ... ya just never know.

15. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

i want one!!

16. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

My friend has a 105cti; he waited 6 months for it. Nice gun for a woman or child to shoot as it is light as a feather and you can barely feel the recoil with it.

I'd rather have a new Beretta 391 Urika 2 Gold Parallel Target though. JoeBerg

17. frank t

frank t TS Member

Shot one a couple of weeks ago. I did not want to make me get rid of my 391. I guess the real key is going to be how well it will hold up after several thousand rounds through it. Remember these are hunting guns not trap and clays guns. How well will they work in cold and snowy weather hunting ducks and geese. Remains to be seen. Also keep in mind this gun was supposed to be in production in 2005 but was delayed because of problems with it. My personal feeling that Beretta is a better gun for about the same money.

18. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

LOP on the 105 can be changed by buying different length recoil pads !!

19. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i saw one at sheels all sports in coralville iowa today. it has crappy looking wood and it was close to $1200. I'LL STICK WITH MY 391

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington bottom eject semi auto shotguns