1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Remington Recall....sad but true

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by R.Kipling, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I know it's not a Trap gun, but I for one was looking forward to seeing a new auto-loader made in the good 'ol USofA that I could put in the hands of my grandchildren, just like my Dad did for me so many years ago.

The new Versa-Max is being recalled - for all things - a trigger/hammer problem.

Looks like another manufacturing stalwart had fallen to the Hedge Funds?

Sadly,

Kip

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I don't get your point. Remington is recalling the gun, fixing the problem and returning it to the purchaser. I recall they did that with the 3200 years ago.
    Browning recently did the same thing with the Cynergy.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Pity they didn't do that with the 700.

4. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

The problem is that the Versa-Max is in limited distribution and already has a recall. If the Versa-Max ends up being another Remington 105cti debacle, Remington might as well go in the paintball gun business and forget semi-automatic shotguns.

DoubleAuto

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I shot the new Remington Auto.. and thought it was fantastic.. A trap stock..higher rib.. and a shell deflector.. you'd have a dandy.. VERY soft shooting shotgun.. My eyes aren't worth a damn anymore.. but the neopreme stock fit me perfect.. right out the box.. Hope they get it all sorted out..

6. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

When did Browning recall the Cynergy? What was the problem?

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

When the Cynergy first came out they found a problem with the safety. All the dealers were required to return the gun, and the few that had been sold were
    recalled. This was about 6 years ago.
    Remington found a problem and addressed it right away. I don't think that spells a death knell for the company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.