1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Remington 887 field

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JRW, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRW

JRW Member

Has anyone tried one of these pump guns from Remington? Anyone know how much they cost? Thanks Jerry

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

those are the ugliest guns I have ever seen.........more ugly than Benelli's even.

3. JRW

JRW Member

ttt

4. Fathawk

Fathawk TS Member

Less than $400 new.

They are ugly, but the recoil is extremely light for a 12 gauge shooting heavy 3" game loads.

Would make an excellent entry level duck or goose gun.

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Don't waste your time with that junk. Their reviews are not that good. Check reviews out on shotgunworld.com. If you have your heart set on a good Remmy pump gun look into the SPS line of them if waterfowling and turkeys is your game. The SPS's cost a bit more but well worth it. I own an 11-87 SPS and love it. It will handle 2 3/4", 3" and 3 1/2" shells without issues. If you're looking for just a great overall pump the 870 Wingmaster is a classic. And the 870 Express, it ain't no Wingmaster.

6. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Jerry : I have sold these guns, I have not made a decision on this gun, It does have some lesser qualities.

Joe Woods/Ontario

7. JRW

JRW Member

Thank you all for the replies. Jerry in MI.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yikes, some pretty nasty reviews from owners at the link. How in the hell does the bolt "fall out" of the gun? And there appears to be a chronic problem with the ejection port dust cover locking the bolt up either closed or open.

I had assumed the 887 was a plastic clad 870, but that was before the price, far less than an 870, suggested that was not true. I wonder just where this gun is made and by whom? Reviews put it as being inferior to the Benelli Nova (which is a pretty fugly looking gun itself), and I'd have to question how reliable it is when compared to the Mossberg 835, which has a very good track record for 3.5" shells.

One thing that struck me as odd was the integral molded plastic rib. The gun just sounds like it is disposable. At $335 to $375 retail, perhaps it is.

9. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I had assumed that this pos was made overseas in a previous post somewhere and I was all but scaulded by some well known gun reviewer (can pull his name out of my head at this time) about how it was American made at Remmys production site. It's just a Benelli poser. No Benelli SuperNova by a long shot. As far as ugly guns go. And nothing in common with an 870 Wingmaster other than the no. 8 and no. 7 in the name of the gun.

10. JRW

JRW Member

Brian; That is why I asked about it here. A buddy bought one and it was delivered to him at the club Friday. When they took it out of the box somehow the bolt fell out. After about 20 minutes they got it back together. Jerry

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Ask this "well known gun reviewer" why the bolts are falling out and jamming up.

12. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

I have a Bennelli nova and agree it's not pretty but it shoots well and I can hit clays as well as with my bt99 the recoil is not bad even with heavy turkey loads ,I havent tried 3 1/2 in shells yet and have no need to.Dont "dis" a good gun because it's ugly!

13. fishguts

fishguts Member

Yeah, I will agree, ugly really doesn't have that much bearing on whether a gun shoots well or not but I picture this: a $500 property lease, hundreds of dollars worth of realitic looking decoys, hundresds of dollars worth of warm clothes on, a boat, blind, a dog...you're all set up, you hunker down next to your lab,...you pull this platic packed piece of crap out of the case (put the bolt back in) and the dog looks at you: "oh brother, whats that he wonders", he covers his eye's with his paws...or...you pull your M12 3 inch mag. out of the case, the dog starts drooling, he pee's his fur,..he thinks "Oh yeah, were gonna' kick some ass today".

Wayne

14. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I think the guy who wrote some reviews on it is Randy Wakeman or something like that. You may want to checkout some reviews on shotgunworld.com This may help you look up some reviews on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

887 bolt dust cover

dust cover jamming on remington 887

randy wakeman is an ass

remington 887 nitro mag randy wakemans