1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Rem R-25 rifle in 243, 7-08 and 308

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I guess Remington is taking this merger with Bushmaster very seriously. First the R-15, which is an AR-15 based rifle specifically designed for coyote and predator hunting, and now this larger (AR-10 size) rifle for big game hunting.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

DARN

Where is the 260? I have had a 7mm/08, and was not thrilled.For some reason, the 260 really winds my watch.

This is a good thing. The next Remington autoloading 308 in the woods will NOT be a 742 or such!

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

that will just and more fuel to the fire rick

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Brian, Have ypu shot yours enough to have an opinion on the R15 yet. I am interested in on with CS

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    ricks1, adding fuel to what fire?<br>
    <br>
    cubancigar2000, I have not shot my R15 yet. Got it boresighted, but won't get it on paper until next week at the earliest. Reports are that it will cut sub-MOA groups with 60 grainers. It has a lighter barrel than the Bushmaster equivalent, which is getting 5/8" groups, about dime size.<br>
    <br>
    I can tell you this - the R-15 is chambered for 223 only, not 223/5.56mm. If you want to shoot 5.56mm, get the Bushmaster Predator, though it's heavier and doesn't have the telestock. The 223 chambering doesn't bother me, because I'll be strictly using it for hunting coyotes and other vermin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.