1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**** New Reloader wanted******

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by kraiza, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

0   0   0

I think I want a new reloader. I have a MEC 9000GN now. I had other Mec's before and I have a PW800B for my .410 that 25 years old and still working fine. I don't use the .410 much any more.
    The problem I have with the MEC is the primes don't feed good. The primer will bounce out if the feed plate. Also I static problem with the powder. I had grounded the reloader and put static dryer sheets and a red PC baffel that all help a lot..
    I think Im just talking my self in to get a new reloader.
    I'm looking at RCBS grand, PW 800+, Spolar Gold. Or should I just keep what I have because I won't see much diffance.
    John

2. 100straight

100straight Member

0   0   0

Buy the Spolar, send it to me, and then keep loading on your MEC. Best solution for all involved.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

3. thunder

thunder Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

John I have had Hornady,PW, Mec and Dillion loaders,nothing wrong about the primer feed on a MEC when adjusted correctly. Call up MEC and talk to Ron in customer service. I had the same problem a couple of years ago, he told me how to adjust it and its been good ever since the adjustment, I have both the old and the new primer feed on my two mec 9000 reloaders and both work flawlessly now. My Dillion primer feed isn't as good as my Mec's,again probably a small adjustment would correct it. Worst primer feed I had was the PW 800 plus, never could it get it right and finally sold the loader. Again might of been me, as I hated the PW reloader from the day I brought it. The best and easiest primer feed to work on and was always flawless was the Hornaday 366. Never owned a Spolar, looks a lot like a machined PW to me, almost everyone that has one likes them. Just my 2 cents worth.

Good Luck,
    Andy

4. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

0   0   0

I had a Dillon loader and sold it because of some quirks I did not like and could not get straight.
    Purchased a P/W from Whiz and I love the dang thing to death. I would not trade it for nothing out there.

5. furface

furface Member

0   0   0

Had several kinds, Dillon is my pick. Joe

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Kraizy. I have 2 people loading STS on my 800+. If it has a flaw, it lulls you to sleep. The primer tray/feed works much better than a business card space on a MEC. And I only change components withe the PW 800+. Never the settings. Have not yet and I am thru about 24 # of powder. I do vary the wads to accomodate more or less shot and take into consideration the powder density too. Too, I like the uniformity of the powder drops. I am using Titewad powder and claybuster Fig 8s and a variety of primers. The loads chrono with good consistentcy. See my last post on Winston's slow vs fast powder thread.

Myloader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

0   0   0

I received my 800+ two weeks ago. I think the machine is a work of art.
    I posted on here asking the same question as you.

The 800+ I LOVE IT!

BILL

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

I want a new reloader too. Wifey says she don't have time any more.

HM

9. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

0   0   0

Asking about a reloader on a public forum will get you a confusing array of answers. I believe the MEC could be adjusted to resolve the primer bounce. I had that issue with a grabber and 9000GN, spring and new tray. Takes patience and understanding, neither of which are my strong points.

I have also had a P/W 800+, which was a great loader. I moved along to a Spolar, and it is obviously a well done unit.

Like cars, do you want transportation or an experience. It is hard to justify double a 800+ for a Spolar unless you are after the experience. If money is not an issue, just go for Spolar, otherwise there are several good solutions for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.