1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Recoil Device?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Boy, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I was looking through the lastest Trap & Field ( August) and I noticed on page 29 a recoil device from Dawson Ent. I have never heard of the stock lock system. But I did recognize one of the faces that has one. Leo Harrison III. Can anybody tell me about this stock. Is it a good system? All we ever hear about is PFS stocks and other recoil reducers. What does it cost. Is it diffcult to set up? If Leo is using it it must be a good product.

Thanks for your comments

George Ware

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

The Wed Site lists the Stock Lock System at $4195. Bumpbuster for me.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Anyone want to bet that Leo didn't have to pay for his?

4. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

is there any difference in bump buster from the gra-coil, looks the same, i like my old g2 shockmaster, but now have a perazzi with a stock that fits.

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

A Shooter out at my club shoots a High priced P gun combo. After some time he bought another stock for the second barrel. He then put Stock Lock system on both gun stocks. One day out at the club he put his gun in the gun rack and must have placed the stock to far to the center of the rack and he turned away and a two seconds later the gun fell out of the rack. He looked over the gun and found that the stock had cracked just behind the pistol grip where the wood is the narrowest. He went to his car to get his other stock and looked at it, and sure enough the other stock was already cracked in the same area. He had to send both stocks in to get repaired at the same time. They gave him one loner stock to use(raw). It took many weeks for him to get his stocks back. Don't know for sure but I think he had to pay for the repairs on both stocks too.He still swears by this system and loves it. Must be nice. Break-em all. Jeff

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ahab: Are you suggesting that a person like Leo who shoots in the Amateur Trap Association receives perks and sponsors? It offends me if he does; I will now watch the Olympics and see real amateurs compete!!!

I am sure Kobe is also an amateur like Leo 'cause he is not getting a salary to go to Bejing.

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

Dennis Devault here i come,if it came to spending several thousand $$$$

Bill

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My original Browning Plus gun reducer is still plugging along since the 90's and working quite effectively I might add...I shoot Nitro 27's for everything

9. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

It's certainly not new. I've had mine since May of 07, Just a couple of weeks after I received my new K-80 Trap Special.

I have let a lot of men shoot my gun and to a man they are amazed at the recoil reduction with the hardest hitting handicap load. I think it is the best recoil reducing devise currently avalible. I have used other systems but they all moved when I mounted the gun, the Stock-Lock system does not. You get what you pay for.

Tom Strunk

10. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I want to know how they cur the wood like that. I've looked at it many times and just cannot figure it out. Any insight?

Bob

11. Tom Strunk

" cur " ???

Tom Strunk

12. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Sorry Tom

Should read "cut". To take an existing stock and cut it the way they do must be an interesting process.

Bob

13. Tom Strunk

OK now I understand. It is cut on a CNC machine. After the blank has been machined they are sent by Pat McCarthy of Dawson's Enterprises to the stock maker, in my case Phil Simms of Grand Juction, Colorado.

Phil usually has the name of the stock's buyer marked on the blank by Pat. Phil then puts the front of the blank on a duplicating machine where it is cut for whatever gun that the purchaser wants the stock to fit ( Kreighoff, Perazzi, Seitz, ect.). He then shapes the front for a palm swell and cuts the pistol grip to the customers hand.

In my case he then roughs out the stock to approximate dimentions and I begin shooting the gun at his pattern board, cutting and shooting until the stock places the shot where I wanted it to go. Now add the adjustable comb, checker and finish.

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.