1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Range approved in Iowa -

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Greg Davis Sporting Clays Range= Boone Iowa

I think I was involved in the first new range approval in at least 15 years in the Midwest-- although many have shut down and a few have moved (only 1 successfully)

I was contacted the afternoon of the first planning commission hearing and vote. Attorney had taken money, set up a corporation, applied for a permit and then quit the morning of the first hearing.

We were creamed- and through the course of this I have been called many things.

We went back in, with legal analysis to the Board of Adjustment, our own petitions and letters in support and 2 studies and one expert witness. We nailed it - despite stiff opposition by lots of Docs and yuppies that were living in the country, and a lot of anti gun sentiment.

It amazed me how supposed upstanding members of the community would just get up and flat out lie--- to derail this.

This came just before the Supreme Court vote= so we can see individual and property rights are still alive and well in the US.

regards from the Great State of Iowa

Gene Nosco

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

A sporting clays range in Boone? Cool. Me and a friend normally shoot at Maxwell for our sporting clays, but they only have it every 2-3 months. Hope I get a chance to shoot there sometime soon as I only live about 15 minutes away. Josh

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Maybe Pizza Hut owns it...

Ed

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would think that NRA VP Kayne Robinson would be all over the Pizza hut thing as he very well might be

Maybe they paid the driver eventually-- not even sure I know the story

Regards from the Great but soggy state of Iowa- some places more than others

Raining again today

Gene

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jolly Trapshooter.......I have relatives that live in and around Maxwell.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.