1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***NEW RADAR GUN! Powerful pocket size! ***

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bob Schultz, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

bobschultz_2008_030334.jpg

bobschultz_2008_030335.jpg

Wow! Setting targets or just checking them just got real easy. This new pocket size radar gun is just the ticket for clubs or individuals. The pictures above are the new radar gun and my iphone!

I personally tested the gun against a Prospeed (big, expensive and accurate.) and it performed flawlessly. Side by side measurements were identical and the new gun would measure targets accurately to the 20 yard line. It got a bit tough to read the targets after that but no problems at all from the 16 yard distance.

The gun will read in MPH, KPH, FPS and Meters Per Second. The 42 on the one in the picture is one of the targets we read during testing. It will hold the last 10 speeds in its memory and you can recall them by tapping he "recall" button.

Retail Price is $249.00 and we are offering them as an introductory price of $225.00 + shipping. ($5-10 depending on where you live...Priority mail.) Oh, we also know it works in cold weather as it was 20 degrees out when we tested them!

Thanks for looking. Merry Christmas

Bob Schultz 800-684-6329

2. missed some

missed some TS Member

0   0   0

now bob, 20 ain't cold yet!! Have a merry christmas. mark crist

3. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mark,

Merry Christmas to you too! I know 20 is not cold in your part of the country, it sure is for N. Carolina!

See you at the Grand next year.

Bob

4. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks for the PMs and emails. The pocket radar guns will be on my website later today or tomorrow morning.

Bob

5. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

0   0   0

Is this considered a low power or high power gun? Thanks Bruce

6. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bruce,

As it's powered by 2 AAA batteries, I'd consider it a low power gun. However, it will read targets from the 16 yard line easily.

Thanks for the emails and the orders.

Bob

7. porky

porky TS Member

0   0   0

Bob,

We shoot in 0 degree weather.

8. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Git-er-Done,

At zero degrees who cares how fast the target is? You can't feel your fingers or toes. Does target speed matter?

Seriously, it has been cerified to -20 deg. Fahrenheit.

See answers to your PM questions on the PM board.

9. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

0   0   0

Can't seem to get your on-line ordering thing to work Bob. Expect a phone call next Monday.

John C. Saubak

10. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Reports back from our customers are really enthusiastic! ... "makes setting good targets a breeze." "I love it".

You should now be able to order from the website...

Bob

11. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Just received another shipment of these great little radar guns. They have been getting great reviews from our customers!

Thanks for the orders!Yes I will have some at the Dixie Grand

Bob

12. letts

letts TS Member

0   0   0

Used mine this past weekend at Eagle River, WI to time snowmobiles that were racing. I stood at the end of the front straight and was very pleased with the results. Reading were very consistent and I am happy with how it worked. Temp was about 8 degrees with a wind chill below zero and did not affect how it worked.

Letts

13. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Letts,

Thanks for the report! I suppose some of our northern customers would consider shooting trap in 8 degree weather!

Bob

14. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

We'll be at the Dixie Grand with some Radar Guns if you need one and are there come and see us!

15. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

0   0   0

Bob,

I got the radar gun yesterday and will give it a try this weekend at our club. Thank you so much for the quick and thorough service and thoughtfulness with our youth shooting nonprofit. I can't wait to play with it and I promise to post more after the weekend.

Sally Stevens
    Minnesota Youth Shotgun Association

16. tammike

tammike Member

0   0   0

I need to know how to order from your site and get the price as shown here.
    When I put it in the cart and went to checkout it was $215 and there was not an option for priority mail. I think it was regular UPS ground and that was another $15. Let me know, thanks

mike

17. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

0   0   0

Dear Bob,

Shooting got cancelled for the weekend so Calamity was not able to test the hand help detector. She tried it on me running through the back yard 3 foot drifts but said I wasn't fast enough to read, can you imagine? Even when she threw me off the deck she said she was too slow at getting a reading, I would have to jump the 15 feet myself. Don't know for sure, but I think my life insurance must be paid up again! Hate when that happens!

Seriously looks like a great unit and will test it on Sunday the 30th and report back then.

Going to be a long week. Suppose she will want me to stand in the street next while she drives toward me, and take a reading that way? Oh, hope I didn't give her any ideas.

Primedust

18. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

0   0   0

Here's an update:

Finally had a warm enough day (3 degree wind chill!) to test out our new Pocket Radar Gun and was thrilled with the results. Compact, super easy to use and dead on accurate compared to our big radar gun.

Thanks so much for posting this, Bob, as I wouldn't have known about this great device without seeing it here. It's sure going to help us set targets for our youth programs and shoots this year.

Again, Bob, thanks for excellent service with this purchase.

Calamity

19. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

20. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

We are working on the website and the shipping charges...If you order one we will adjust the charges to reflect Priority mail and charge your card accordingly. Might have to get a new web server...mine is not too responsive.

Thanks, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.