1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New question re: V1582A Trap machine

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AdamsRibs, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamsRibs

AdamsRibs TS Member

Another question for the Western V1582 International Trap machine experts ou there in Trap Machine land;

What is the proper procedure for adjusting the length of the U177 Escapement Push Rod? It is designed to be easily adjusted, but I can't find any document which describes the proper way to set the length of this rod.

Any "expert" help out here?????

AdamsRibs

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Check out this site, They have Winchester manuals you can view or print .

3. AdamsRibs

AdamsRibs TS Member

Grunt, thanks for the reply. I have those manuals in paper form, but they
    don't give any advice or procedures on adjusting the length of tht rod. They
    made it easily adjustable, but don't give any advice on what the proper length
    should be. Thanks for the try anyhow.....

AdamRibs

4. Neal Crausbay

Neal Crausbay Member

Adamsrib

The overall length of the rod is not important. What you are adjusting by changing it's length is the opening of the target drop grommet. This is covered in your owners/repair manual. You use a straight edge on the rear magazine target support bar and adjust for apx. 1/16" clearance at maximum push on the rod looking between the straight edge and the target drop grommet. I have forgotten the part numbers involved and do not have a parts manual in front of me here at the house, but there are also pictures in your manual of this procedure.

Always remove the mainspring and turn the machine through by hand.

Neal Crausbay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.