1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW question on Category/Class

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by glenn mcleod, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

If ie: a Vet ties for high and has also paid the fee to enter the class purse. If he loses the shootoff for Vet but is high in the Class Purse does he get the purse for his class or did he just donate to the purse because he tied for "high" category ? Glenn

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The new rule has nothing to do with options. It's concerned with trophies.

So, yes, he would win the money.

3. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

How about the added money if there is any? Glenn

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Added money goes with the trophy.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

But if he wins the vet trophy, he get whatever added money is connected with that. If he loses the vet trophy or shootoff, the class added money goes to someone else. That's why state shoots, for example, should try to spread out the money between classes and categories evenly.

But probably won't. Consider the problems. Say $3 of every entry is diverted to class added money. But what if the entry is by a vet? He has a reduced chance for this. Should it go instead to vet added money? I certainly think so, but I'm not cashiering the shoot, and wouldn't if you paid me.

Neil

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The new rule is supposed to apply to big shoots with AA points and ATA trophies like the State Shoot but I think a lot of clubs will apply these rules to ordinary weekend shoots. I would bet that a lot of cashiers don't know what to do with these new rules.

7. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

8. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Glen,

I think you have a valid question, but I'm not sure if any of the scoring software will support the new rule.

Neil is correct, but unless due diligence is done outside of the cpu it might slip through the bits. Our state shoot had it's share of problems even though attendance was down nearly 20 percent and all shoot-offs were done before supper time.

miketmx - I think if the rule is going to work then everyone needs to beccome familar with it. I didn't understand it the first time that I heard it even with the examples.

I heard someone say that there were some problems at the Dixie Grand, so it's possible that problems.

TNCoach

9. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Hopefully this is reviewed at the officers meetings and then revised. We may need some ATA changes but we don't need changes that make a large part of our shooters angry and may cause some to stop shooting reg. targets. The Vet & S.Vet is becoming a larger percentage of our shooters every year and to eliminate anyone from what they had before will not meet with most category shooters approval. JMHO Glenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.