1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Private Messaging Feature!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by david, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david

david Member

New Private Messaging Feature!

This new feature to the discussion forum will allow you (if you wish to enable the system) to send a private message to another forum user (if they have enabled the system).

The system looks and feels like the current forum so it should be easy for people to learn to use if they so desire.

The system will have a buddy list for other forum users your contact often and a blocked sender list to prevent messages from users you do not wish to receive messages from.

Look for a new link after "Edit/Delete Your Messages" called "Private Messages".

The system will be disabled by default for all users.

Those wishing to enable the system can click the new link at the top or the "Change Password/Settings" to enable the system.

There will be several ways to send a message, if you have enabled your system, each sign-on name will be a link to send a private message to that user if their system is enabled.

You call also send a new message from your private message page via your buddy list or by searching for a user.

I hope you enjoy the new system.

David

2. david

david Member

Please use the email link at the bottom of the page to report any errors or bugs in the new system.

David

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok David I checked it out and enabled mine im sure this will make it easier to get in contact with some one quicker than sending an email and a lot of the email programs are not set to recieve instant like mine is every 2 minutes I have it set to recieve.

By the way is there a way to tell if the person online I did notice some of the user I.D.names was in red but most was in blue so wondered what that meant.

Foghorn220

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Hi David, first of thanks for such a great site, but now I have a question, before you had the problem the other day reguarding deleting all of the post I noticed on the site that when I got to the main page and click on edit delete your ( Mine ) post the Heading ( or title ) comes up but when I click on the post ( except for the few most recient ) that nothing happens, the post wont come up so I cannot edit or delete any of the post from lets say a week ago,, are you aware of this. ????????????

5. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Very good upgrade. Now you don't have to bother with all the cryptic XXX's in a posted email to receive a message. Should be a boon to those who want to sell something or discuss something in private. Also a good way for a moderator to contact a poster. Might also steam line some threads by keeping extraneous stuff off the thread. Thanks.

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

David, thanks...this is a GREAT way to keep bots from harvesting our email addies!

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Now threats and other forms of verbal sparring can be made to one another without involving the rest of the forum or tying up band width. Great!!

Morgan

8. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

I like it. Another board I use has this available and it keeps things from expanding into a circus..............Roger

9. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I think this is a great feature that you have added thanks for the improvement.

10. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

David,

Great addition!

Is there a message limit??

11. david

david Member

Foghorn220 - At this time there is no way to tell if someone is online or not. I will look in to it.

drhunter - I cannot reproduce the problem you are seeing. I even logged in with your name and couled edit a post from 2006.
    I think your browser has cached the page and is not getting a fresh copy from the server. Try holding CTRL and click refresh on the
    page with the problem. You could also try clearing your browser cache/temp internet files/history. Private message me if you still
    have any problems.

ffwildcat - No message limit at this time.

David

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

another great feature

thanks for everything David

regards from the great state of Iowa

Gene

13. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

David thanks for the effort

14. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

David :

Ok thanks for the update.

Ok I did see a fwe user names in red but most was in Blue so that is why I wondered if it was if they was online or not really it doesn't matter to me if it shows if a person is online or not because most on here will visit the site at least 2 times a day so they will have a message waiting fro them when they come on im sure if someone was to send them one.

thanks

FoggY

16. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

David<br>
    Thanks for another great feature and all the time you invest in keeping this site well running. Omaha

17. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Super way to communicate privately with you shooting buddy without the whole forum knowing. Thanks David.

Chris

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

mono1393:

So what are you going to say to your shooting buddy that you wouldn't want us all to know!!!!!!

Maybe it was you was a little over weight as in the video below.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i29.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/gdarnell/video/BellyTableBump.flv">

Foggy

19. I WON

I WON TS Member

David,
    What is the purpose of a "New Private Messaging Feature" on a "Public Forum" ?
    Is that not what e-mail is for ?
    A Public Forum that is Private !!!!!!!!!!

20. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I Won, if David has to explain it to you, you probably wouldn't understand it anyway.

It's a good feature for those of us who want to use it. If you don't want to use it, just don't enable it.

Plus, as long as David is the owner of this site (which he is) I doubt he owes you an explantion for anything he does with his site.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.