1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Peters target load?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun1357, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Glancing into a trash barrel at the San Antonio Gun Club, something different caught my eye. There were a bunch of blue Remington - Peters 12 Ga. hulls. They are smooth like the old Premiers but appear to be a cheaper plastic. I say that because the crimps looked like they were starting to split. They had the old Power Piston wads and were packed in the antique style boxes. The boxes had current UPC type labeling so they have to be of recent manufacture. The hulls had light blue lettering and said "TARGET LOAD" under the Peters logo. These were 3 - 1 1/8 - 8. The base was brass over steel.

Anybody know where these fit in on the Remington lineup? Ron

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

They have been producing a blue 1 1/8oz load for many, many years. It is a heavy three dram load with shot that is not as good as the STS shells. Some of these had 6 star crimps but I think they are all 8 star now. Nothing new I am sad to report! For whatever reason this shell appears to not be sold much ( at all?) in the eastern portion of our country. I can buy them at a local discount store but that is the only place that I have seen carry them in over 10 years. When they quit making the Blue Magic it wasn't all that long before they started making these shells. I suspect there is more loads to choose from but the local BI-Mart discount chain has never had them in anything but 3 dram 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2. I know guys who shoot them for second shot of doubles and TUFF shooters who use them for both shots! They kick pretty hard so I suspect they are giving you a full 3 drams worth of powder.They use the same loading data as STS and Gunclubs. Jeff

3. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Gander Mt sold these. I don't know if they are current stock.

4. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I guess I just haven't been paying enough attention. Ron

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Sportsmans Warehouse had them last week here in Boise. I could not tell the diff from the old blue magic

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

It's all in the shot Lou. That is why they are cheaper then STS. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

peters target loads

remington new peters target loads

remington peters target loads