1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Perazzi Short Rib model

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I like to share the picture I took at the SHOT Show of the Short Rib model with you guys:

[​IMG]

SCO/C thanked this.
  2. Guy

Guy Member

That's butt ugly.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If you buy it, you're married for life.--No way you'll ever be able to unload it,

Phil Berkowitz

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

OTOH, a lot of the Olympic trap shooters think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

We'll see if they catch on.

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

on another board, there was talk about Perazzi coming out with a side by side....any word on this?

they were also suppose to announce any price increase for Perazzi guns at Shot (that was what Dan from Giacomo told me a few months ago)...any word on this as well?

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I believe they only use those for double trap which is a strange sport. I wonder how well they would work for ATA doubles.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Maybe they should have consulted with Al Ljutic on how these short ribbed guns sell in the U.S.? All this because one man shot one real well in bunker doubles?

I shouldn't talk though, I used a clothes pin on my old plain barreled squirrel gun to get my POI up. That worked too.

Hap

SCO/C thanked this.
  8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

OMG that single is ugly....however the O/U barrels do look interesting. Would be curious to try one.

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Personally I don't care if it is ugly. If it shoots the way I want a gun to shoot(breaks them all)it can look like a pile of smoking doggy do.

They can say it looks like sh** it wouldn't bother me. This game is based on breaking targets not beauty contests!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Availability and price?

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

It will sell.

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

When shooters start winning with this style, you'll see a lot more people shooting them. But if they don't win, forget about it!

Hauxfan!

13. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

If you want to try one out it is a really easy modification to your current setup.

Buy a strip of balsa wood at the local hobby store. Cut to length (mid rib or shorter). Take a black marker to it and then tape it to the barrel. You may want to cut a notch for your existing bead. And a bead can be fashioned out of a small push pin or a piece of tubing from an aerosol can.

Do not criticize this modification until you have tried it. The shorty rib works really well. And you will not see the ramp at all, your eyes don't look at it.

14. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

TPS, I see mid-beads in the pictures.

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"My concern is that there is no center bead like most trap guns, so it is hard to judge what your p.o.i. is going to be."

I know this may sound critical but beads have nothing to do with POI.

As an example I shoot a Beretta Combo at one time I had 3 barrels for the gun. A top single a bottom single or mono gun and a OU barrel. I you laid them on a table with the end of the barrels against the wall. The center beads were all a different distance from the end of the barrel. Yet the POI was the same on all three.????????????

Bob Lawless

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If I had a dozen, I could sell them all by 5PM. Trapshooters go nuts for anything they envision will make them better (or look better)

SCO/C thanked this.
  17. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

Ugly yes, but not anymore ugly than a Precision Fit Stock.

SCO/C thanked this.
  18. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I like them..

19. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

I shot one with a glove stock last fall. Two things I learned, the glove stock is everything its cracked up to be. It does force you to mount identically each time. Seriously wish I had one for my gun. The high/short rib is interesting. The few targets I shot with it I kept looking along the side of the rib while tracking the target and overshot most of the time. You have to force yourself to look down the rib and focus on the target. A big plus was it keeps your head up and I felt I had much better vision picking up the target. I'll bet it would take you a year of shooting to get used to it. Hal Hitchcock

20. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

This concept makes sense if you hold any kind of high gun at all. It allows you to look below or through the barrel with less distoration. My personal opinion would be Perazzi might be able to shorten the rib even more and still accomplish the same goal.

Rich Bullard, Jr.

SCO/C thanked this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi high rib barrel
perazzi mx-12 short rib
perazzi short hi rib shotgun
perazzi short rib

perazzi short rib guns

shooting high rib shotguns

shotgun add a short rib