1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

---- New PERAZZI PARTS COMING FROM ITALY ----

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by whiz white, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Had a nice, long talk with Marcello from Italy this Saturday afternoon (night there +8 hours).

We talked about him having made the old style "V" coil for the release levers, and its "plug", Perazzi part number 111.

Marcello has also made the newer style 111 (Top Lever Locking Pieces) in both the small and larger sizes. He has also made and is shipping the above to me, along with replacements for the old style Top Lever Groups including the Locking Piece Spring #117, Top Lever Release Trip #118, and the Top Lever Stop Plate Release Pin #133, all out of stainless steel. I think his pricing will be about half of Perazzi USA prices.

He is also sending me a specimen stainless steel trigger that he has finished machining. I will report on it when it's received.

He also wanted to tell me to relay to the USA shooters that Perazzi does NOT make their own leaf hammer springs. He said that anyone who say otherwise has not been to Italy to actually see where they are made. He is now having made a beefier version and of higher quality. It will not be faster, but of the best quality materials, a bit beefier in some areas. All this leafs are warranted for one year. If you break one, send it to me and if it is withing the year period, I will replace it.

Marcello wants me to keep data on where it breaks so he can have a dialog with the spring manufacturer there in Italy.

He is also going to have made Briley tubes replacements and feels we can sell them for about $45 each. That's about half of present day Briley's.

I will keep passing along info. I want to spend quite a bit of time over there this summer at his facility working with him and on the new shotgun now in design.

Present parts available as shown below...

[​IMG]

Whiz

2. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The TM pin and coil should fit. I spoke to Marcello again today and I expect them by the dale listed above.

I believe he is also supplying the hammer coils as well.

Whiz

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Will these trigger springs also fit the precision triggers?

Ed Yanchok

4. Trap4

Trap4 Member

0   0   0

I have used the Perazzi leaf springs in my Precision triggers.

Trap-4

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

But will these replacement springs also fit?

6. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, these springs will fit the Precision triggers.

Marcello is contracting to have some more precise springs made from a higher quality stock and still feels he can sell them through me here in the USA still much cheaper than the originals. Along with the 1 year guarantee, if it breaks withing a year when you bought it, all you have to do is send it back to me for replacement. You don't need to find you invoice or warranty card, as I have all of that information saved for each sale.

This man is absolutely immaculately fastidious in his machining work.

He sent me pictures today of the barrel assembly he is making for my MX, and I am impressed with the machining he has already done.

I can't say enough good about him, but then I'm selling his stuff. I wouldn't be if it were not top notched. I purchased a selector, springs, etc, from him last year and that is exactly how we got connected.

Whiz

7. bigk

bigk TS Member

0   0   0

Wizz,I have sent you a PM.

8. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

9. wrockets

wrockets TS Member

0   0   0

Whiz,
    how about selling a tool to easily replace a TM-1/TMX hammer spring ? I can get it done now, but it's more exciting then it should be.

Thanks, Warren

10. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You are talking about the coil spring?

Browning coil spring are held together when installing because a very small hole was drilled in the hammer rod. I have my gun vice set up such that I can anchor the rod, insert the coil onto the rod and simply close the vice far enough to stick a pin in the hole. Then mount it in the action and pull the pin.

The same method could be utilized on the coil spring TM1, if a very small hole was drilled into the #5193 rod. Also, if you remove the cocking shoe, it might make it easier.

Whiz

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Here's what I made to change the coil spring on my TM-1. This is the easiest and safest device I've ever used to change those springs out with too! I carry them in my shooting bag, just in case.

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=8-20Pics214.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jim, sent you an email too.

Hap

12. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hap: Did you have these rechromed when done? Nice work.

Got you message and sent a reply.

Whiz

13. Hap MecTweaks

0   0   0

Thanks Whiz!

No, I didn't re-chrome them, I cleaned the welds on a wire wheel and painted them with a chrome looking paint. Vice grips from Sears, a John Deer slave pin and a master link from a Harley D. and it works great, quick and safe too!

No email as yet.

Hap

14. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

HAP: Did you drill an indent in the circular piece to hold the pin's tip? I used to normally have a coil go flying, then had to put in a new one, and would later find the damn thing in my shop later.

I think you should make several and put them up for sale. I've had several folks inquire about some tool to aid in this operation.

Ed Y: Yes, these do work in the Precision's.

Today, in the shipment from Marcello, he enclosed a "NOT 4 RESALE" new style hammer leaf spring. He indicated that the cup part (the part that the Bridle holds) is much thicker. A great idea, although whenever I've broken a Perazzi spring, it always seems to break towards the rear of the spring.

I believe I've already mentioned this, but will again: Marcello is seeking out better spring materials. He was the absolutely best metal and treating process he can find in Italy. Gotta love the guy.

Whiz

15. Hap MecTweaks

0   0   0

Whiz, Yes, I drilled a hole to allow the tip of the spring rod to slip through when compressed. Once the pin/new spring are in place and aligned with the hammer, a slow release of the vice grips allow the pin to seat in the hammer properly. In the picture I posted above, you can barely see the drilled hole at the very end of the lower vice jaw. The slotted slave pin is fitted at the bottom to allow only minute clearances for the new spring. That prevents the spring from jumping out also. I think I have enough material to build four or five on hand. I'll let you know when as I don't have my equipment set up here at home yet, I used my friends shop while I was in CA last fall to put this set together. I have an extra TM-1 spring pin somewhere in my loading room too!! That's the reason I built this pair!

Hap

16. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I lost a trigger part yesterday in the shop early on (actually it was after midnight, 1:00 AM Wednesday). The tip of the ejector spring..... sooo, I spent the rest of the day yesterday cleaning and vacuuming.

Then I built some floor risers with Masonite tops on 2x2's to get everything up off the floor about. Now with I shoot a spring, etc around I won't have to move 35 bags of shot, etc.

Nice tool. I should have you build me one some time.

Whiz

17. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi part

perazzi parts

perazzi trigger parts