1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Perazzi Model

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mx2k33, Aug 1, 2013.

1. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Perazzi has just released a new model, the MXS. Looks like an updated MX5 Sporter and is probably a much needed new entry-level offering. 10K+ for a new plain-jane MX8 was putting them too far out of touch with the market.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dt10john

dt10john Member

Looks nice. 10k is pricy indeed.

3. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

This model is priced at $6,700.

4. legman

legman Member

Will this model also have the drop out trigger?

5. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Fixed coil spring triggers, fixed chokes or 4 interchangeable chokes. Standard stock. 28" 30" or 32" barrels. Mechanically identical to the discontinued MX5.

6. sureshotscott

sureshotscott Member

Includes free duct tape for the side ribs that will come off!!!
    Special tape for your use as needed.

7. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

sureshotscott,

Looks like you're developing quite a case of Perazzi-envy there, and trying to mask it with pseudo-bashing of the obvious object of your desires. :)

I've got three Perazzis, with five sets of o/u barrels among them, and you're right, I have had a side rib come loose. Once. On one of them. After 12 years. I was so mad that I....wait a minute - I wasn't mad at all. Come to think of it, I wasn't mad about the two trigger springs that broke either. In the same 12 years.

It's helpful to remember that Perazzi is NOT spelled F-I-A-T.

Someday you'll own a Perazzi, and then you too will see the unintentional humor when silly people try to bash them.

8. Boehler

Boehler Member

I do not want to bash, but it looks Krieghoffish.
    Boehler

9. sureshotscott

sureshotscott Member

Had TWO perazzi's MX8 and MX2000 both had barrel issues. The last one was with the MX2000. Perazzi attitude you need to buy another set of barrels. Had a new set and they started to come apart. 2 perazzi's and 3 barrels later now shooting a real gun a KOLAR. Plus only one issue with my KOLAR needed a trigger ajustment done for free and back in under a week.

JUST SAYING...

10. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Come on now, sureshotscott - you had an MX2000, the side rib(s) started to separate, and Perazzi's official response was that you should buy another set of barrels?

I can see them suggesting resoldering and rebluing, but buying a new set of barrels seems a bit of an extreme suggestion. Forgive me for being a little skeptical, but that just doesn't sound like Perazzi. In fact, it sounds kind of unbelievable.

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Wasn't the side-rib issue part of the reason Phil Kiner switched to Krieghoff?

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

" I know from personal experience. I had to have Tom Wilkinson raise the bottom barrel POI to match the top and then take all the spacers out of my comb to lower the POI because the O/U barrels were shooting about 6 inches higher than the single barrel. This was after I was assured that the gun had been patterned and the POI was perfect (what BS). The side rib job only lasted about 9 months and then started coming loose again. I had the Pat Laib "fix" but the solder job was so poor that the separation of the side rib from the barrel kept moving toward the end of the barrel. I put a screw though the rib and that did not stop it. That year from the time I discovered the loose rib and fixed it (late June) I only shot the Class and Champ Doubles at my state and zone shoots and then all the doubles at the Grand. I never even shot a practice round of doubles during that time.

When I asked Lucio for some kind of price break on a set of new barrels, he quoted me the same price I could get it from a regular Pgun dealer, at the time about $4300.00. I tried to negotiate a better price and when I told him I thought I had helped their sales over the years and that should be worth something-- he told me that he could care less what kind of gun I shot. That is when I decided it was time for a Kreighoff. " -Phil Kiner

Source: http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread_archive.cfm?Threadid=178136&ShowDeleted=No&SortBy=DESC

13. JT 27

JT 27 Member

They learned from the Master, Daniel. I had several issues with new guns which Daniel refused to correct. I had a new trigger which would fire if the gun was closed sharply. The pull was under a pound. Perazzi fixed that and I had a trigger in the 12 lb. range. Daniel threw up his hands and told me I was too particular. I bought a new gun at Vandalia when they would make a stock for free at The Grand if you bought the gun there. When I went to Perazzi, Daniel told me there was not enough time, bring it back next year. I took the original stock off the gun and next year went in, I was told I did not need a stock, it fit me perfectly. I am a lefty and shoot quite a bit of cast/ off set. I was none too happy. I own several P guns and think it is a great gun. Daniel, however; is as diplomatic as another gun maker by name of Al.

14. sureshotscott

sureshotscott Member

Singleshot

That's why I when to a KOLAR loved the gun was reliable and even if I had a problem easy to fix with the spring kit. Only ever had one spring break on me when shooting. When a company does not stand behind a product then its time to move on. My one set of barrels took 5 times to get the POI right and a year of to and from. Perazzi has an issue with mid side rib barrels coming apart and they put you the owner in the middle. Total BS that's why I switched to a KOLAR and I am not the only one that has got the same treatment.

My great uncle served in WWII and told me not to buy an Italian shotgun. He said that during the war he found a lot of Italian guns that were never fired and only dropped once. He was a hell of a man I should have listened!!!

15. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I still have maybe 8 or 10 of those barrels around here - the newest is maybe 80's. I guess I better be ready for those ribs to be popping off any day now, eh?

16. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

Please forgive my ignorance but, what is a side rib? I have heard that term used and always wanted to ask what it meant.

Chris

17. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

looks cheesy..

Real beauty needs no introduction....

Danielle would have never allowed this had he been alive.....

18. Crunch

Crunch Member

Before too much criticism and judgement is past on without seeing the gun let alone trying one, lets remember the Remington 870. It was a stamped gun when the other popular pump gun was milled from solid steel. Pretty sure the stamped gun did ok in reliability.

19. pizza gun

pizza gun Member

we dont need a pizza gun that likes a kreighoff and it does,wake up ,whats wrong with you Danielle would throw up.Why would they ever do this?

20. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Does it come with extra springs? HMB

Search tags for this page

new models for perazzi mx2000