1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Perazzi Complete Trigger Assemblies from Italy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Just received pictures of our new COMPLETE trigger assemblies we will be selling here in the US. Both will have our gold plated metal trigger for your finger.

There are two models:

Model 1 - Adjustable for $599.

Model 2 - Adjustable and Internally Selectable for $699.

Both triggers are assembled, complete, blued and engine turned faces, AND will probably use our brand new design springs (not shown in these photos) which are universal for either top or bottom placement. Our springs carry the standard 1-year warranty.

We spoke earlier in the week and he is shipping a few sets ASAP. He indicated that UPS is terribly expensive, so if I get hit with duties, then the prices may rise accordingly.

I won't take any orders until they arrive here in the US.

I will also post this information on my new web-site page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim "Whiz" White

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The non-blued sides makes all the sense in the world.

People sometimes judging the condition of the trigger by looking at the bluing on the sides, that could be very misleading, because the best and safest way to de-cock the hammer is take it out and release it with your thumb. In the process, the bluing on the sides got worn.

If a sloppy owner never bother to clean his trigger or de-cock the hammers, the dirty, worn out spring trigger will have no wear on the sides.

Whiz's trigger won't have this problem.

3. whiz white

Steve: You are so correct about de-cocking.

Whenever I work on a Perazzi here in the shop, I send a note (if I remember) stating that the gun should never be stored with its hammers cocked.

Consequently, and true even with my own Perazzis, the triggers are removed and decocked every single time I quit for the day. This, of course, will cause TWICE the normal wear on the side bluing when this happens.

Whiz

4. rlmims

rlmims TS Member

Whiz, As far as decocking a Perazzi. Is it not just as good to fire both barrels using a snap cap? what is the advantage to removing the trigger assy & decock by hand?

Lynn

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Use an old hull to dampen the firing pin hit.

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Lynn, we de-cock with hands for two plus one reasons:

1) We don't fire the gun. Never have to wonder "was that snap caps I just put in".

2) Pull back the inertia block to reset the second sear, then release the second sear arm's spring tension.

And, 3) It's the perfect time to feel the spring tension and check the trigger group.

Sometimes I keep the trigger group out of the gun if I'm going lunch with my shooting buddies, so I don't have to lock the gun in a "LOCKED" container per CA firearm transport law, because it's not a complete gun without the firing mechanism.

7. whiz white

Along with what Steve offers, firing the gun into a snap cap just puts one more smack on the end of the firing pin and coil.

AND, this might even not be good from the standpoint that the firing pin may not meet normal resistance as it would hitting a live primer. If the Resistance is less, then you may be driving the firing point too hard and into the rear of the firing pin hole, stressing the firing pin, its coil, and the rear of the receiver.

I like Steve's logic about one more chance to look it over and check its springs. I always do that, but never gave it another thought... thought that was just simple common sense. Again, Steve is the resident expert here.

WW

8. edbon9

edbon9 Member

"Sometimes I keep the trigger group out of the gun if I'm going lunch with my shooting buddies, so I don't have to lock the gun in a "LOCKED" container per CA firearm transport law, because it's not a complete gun without the firing mechanism. "

that law is only applicable to handguns and registered 'assault weapons'. Rifles and shotguns are exempt, you can still see pickups with shotgun/rifle racks in parts of california.

9. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Will these be available with release??

Tomas

10. whiz white

Release?

No.

Marcello is not into release triggers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page