1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Pat trap ,help needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Capt_ed, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_ed

Capt_ed Member

Well we mounted and installed our clubs new Pat trap today. It is the one with the wobble function. After we got it all mounted and plugged in we turned it on and the turret goes around ,the target drops and the arm will fire but the oscillation and elevation rams are not operating in either of the manual or auto modes. The only thing that we did that is contrary to the book is that the pump is not mounted on the floor it is on a bench behind the machine . I think I have a fairly good knowledge of hydraulics and can't see why the pump needs to be on the floor but I could be wrong. Any ideas from the Pat trap experts out there would be greatly appreciated. I guess the company that builds them is closed for the weekend and we are hoping we can get it going tomorrow and shoot sunday with it. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

The pump doesn't need to be on the floor.

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Just a thought.....I am no longer too sharp on these but is your hydraulic lever down and parallel to the base for singles and not pointing up for doubles? Also set the machine up for singles as per the book. Ray

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

5. kdcurtis

kdcurtis TS Member

Capt

Sent you an email.

Ken

6. Capt_ed

Capt_ed Member

Well an update for today. First of all I'd like to say thanks to all that replied with suggestions. Especially Jim from Tulsa who sent his phone number and we had a very informative ( for me anyways) conversation last night. Gave me some good suggestions that partially panned out and he also gave me Vince V.'s phone number who ended up getting us working today. What had happened was the small fuse was blown in side the control box thats mounted on the trap . when we replaced it the oscilation started but when we tried to raise the elevation with the wobble cylinder the fuse blew again. We overroad it by pushing on the end of the solenoid and got it to go up to the right height and could then turn the oscilation on and throw targets. I guess some how one of the solenoids in the wobble cylinder in not working but Vince says he will make sure we have a new one coming first thing monday. We had fun shooting over the new trap today and it is SO NICE to have an automatic doubles machine . May not be to exciting for some but for our little club it is like being a kid with the keys to a candy store. Thanks again to all and again especially Jim and Vince . I hope I don't have to call again but it nice to know the friendly help is always there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.