1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New P/W Bushing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by STOS, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STOS

STOS Member

P/W now offers a new shot bushing 26grm or 15/16oz.Nice

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

most all the PW bushings throw less than advertised. My 1 oz is actually 7/8. My 1 1/8 is slightly over an ounce.

3. STOS

STOS Member

This bushing weight is based on #8 extra hard shot.The weight will vary depending on shot size and shot type.This should be a real good option for those people looking for something between 7/8oz and 1oz. loads.There is not alot of published data out yet.Hodgdons has one that is 14.8gr waalite/win 209/ waa12sl.1145fps.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

My 1 1/8 oz PW shot bushing drops very close to 1 1/16 oz of hard shot. I have never dropped chilled shot (softer) through it, but that would weigh a little more than hard shot. I will get a file and work on the bushing if I think about it when I have a little time.

Pat Ireland

5. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

I was in the process of ordering a 1 1/16 oz #5.5 bushing on P-W's web site until I noticed that their new shopping cart is not encrypted (secure).

Sending credit card information unencrypted via an open connection is not the wisest way to do online buying.

Lister

6. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

I make my own bushings. However, my PW 1 1/8 is slightly overweight, to the tune of 4-12 gr. with #8 hard magnums. So, not all PWs are underweight.

Thank you,
    Longshooter

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Longshooter- Yours is overweight, mine is underweight. What does that tell us about checking weights with a scale? Of course, I would rather be underweight than overweight. I should check my weight, but I do not fit well on my powder scale.

Pat Ireland

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Remington STS factory loads are around 505 grs. of shot!!

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hmmm My 5.5 drops exact... But i wil check it again and report, I have #9 Lawrence hard shot in the tank now.

10. JTEA

JTEA Member

get out the scales. I've had them off by two sizes. bore out ones that are under and do a drop test. More than once, if needed. You may only need to go in only 1/2", put the over size up.

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

15/16 oz is 410.16 gr.

I see no good reason to have this bushing. What am I missing?

Don Verna

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Bruce: Got the new proto-type shot and powder bushings with the o-rings-great idea, and rather simple. Why didn't I think of that?

I use WST and no more minute quantities of powder migration. Hope these will be readily available to my customers.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.