1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW OLYMPIC SHOTGUN RANGES BEGIN CAPITAL CAMPAIGN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Allen Chubb, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am proud to announce that after three years of conceptual planning, designing, site selection, tours of manufacturing plants and due diligence work; the Board of Directors of Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc. would like to announce the commencement of the capital campaign to begin construction on a true "State of the Art" Olympic Shotgun Range Complex in Central Pennsylvania.

** The Concept **

U.S. Shooting Athletes will soon have a true state of the art Olympic Shotgun Sports facility located in the Mid-State Pennsylvania area. Throughout the past century this has been an area rich in Shooting Sports history and promotions. This range will offer everyone from novice to Olympic athlete a (365) day access to its World Class facility for honing their skills and achieving their goals.

The facility will be built as a cooperative effort between Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc. of Elizabethville, Pennsylvania and Martz’s Gap View Hunting Preserve, Inc. of Dalmatia, Pennsylvania. It will feature Olympic Shooting Sports such as Olympic Trap, Olympic Double Trap and Olympic Skeet. Other International Shotgun Sports such as Universal Trap, Automatic Trap, Sporting Clays and Helice (a.k.a. ZZ’s) will be available as well to our patrons.

** The Management Staff **

Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc. (CISS) is recognized by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service as a 501(C)(3) charitable corporation. CISS Board Members and Officers hold non-remunerated positions, so all funds will be directed to shooting programs. All donations made to CISS are tax deductible. The donations received will be immediately directed to the project and 100% of all donations will go to construction and equipment procurement costs with any residue going to support athlete training costs.

Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc. is a corporation made up of “Shooters for Shooters”. Our Officers and Board Members possess an unprecedented (200) years of combined experience in Olympic Shotgun Shooting. This experience is not limited to competitive pursuits, but also incorporates positions on National Shooting Sports Board of Directors, Olympic competition staff, facility directors, competitions directors, project managers, engineers, architects, equipment distributors and technical consultants. The Board of Directors experience is not limited to only the United States, but reaches internationally as well. The composition of our Board includes some of the more noteable names from accross the country.

** The Facility **

Chubb International Shooting Park will be situated on (15) acres in Southern Northumberland County, Pennsylvania and is just (2) miles West of Pillow, Pennsylvania. This pristine site is part of Martz’s Gap View Hunting Preserves larger 1,300 acres tract and has been in operation as a family run business since the 1950’s. The shooting park presently encompasses plans for two "Fully Covered" fields with the possible inclusion of more in the future. This range is also conveniently located close to both a regional airport (Harrisburg International Airport) as well as a major international airport (Philadelphia International Airport) to better serve the convenience of our patrons.

The shooting park will be the first “Fully Automated” Olympic Shotgun range in not only the United States, but the entire world. Operated on a "Key Card" system, this benefit allows our patrons to train at a time and frequency which meets their schedule. Olympic shooting athletes and enthusiasts from all over the United States will have the opportunity to train in an uninhibited and constructive environment at a range complex that will offer readiness 365 days a year.

Athletes and competitors wishing to train over a longer period of time will have on-site lodging available with all the modern conveniences available to them that they would enjoy at a normal hotel.

Our present time line is for construction to begin in mid March 2009, with the facility opened and fully operational by June 1, 2009. As completion of the range complex approaches, a schedule of competitions will be advertised to all contributors and athletes through both mail and electronic means.

** The Machinery **

CISS has reviewed proposals and technical manuals from companies across the globe. We have taken the time to visit several of these manufacturers in order to better understand their equipment as well as satisfy our needs to offer the best equipment in the world for our athletes to enjoy. We are proud to announce that we have entered into an agreement with Mattarelli of Bologna, Italy as well as Elettronica Progetti of Rome, Italy to equip and electronically operate our facility. Both Mattarelli and Elettronica Progetti are recognized as leaders around the world for the quality and innovative features of their respective products. Pairing these two world class manufacturers offers our patrons unbeatable reliability and service. We are confident that partnering with these two pioneers will serve our patrons well for decades to come.

** The Coaches **

CISS has aligned itself with some of the best known and well credentialed coaches and trainers throughout the World. We will offer a wide array of services from World Class Coaching to Sports Psychologists, Personal Physical Trainers and Sports Nutritionists.

CISS will organize clinics and Olympic training camps for the athletes as well as invite current Olympic and World class athletes to share their years of experience and knowledge.

** The Competitions **

CISS will organize both National and World events as the staff has already done for the past 30 years at other facilities. Some of the world’s best athletes will come to train and compete in Central Pennsylvania and this facility will set and maintain the highest standards of Olympic Shooting Sports promotions ever seen in this nation.

** The Impact **

The construction of this facility will have a significant positive economic impact on the Mid-State region. The region will gain a tremendous amount of pride from the fact that they will have an Olympic training facility in the immediate area and that athletes from across the United States and the rest of the world will frequent and train at this state of the art complex.

** The Goals **

The short term goals are to offer a top notch training and competition experience for our athletes in order to ready themselves for the challenges of international competition as we approach both the 2010 World Championships in Munich, Germany and the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, England.

The long term goals deal with creating a culture of excellence through example. We are developing a “Shooting Doctrine” in which training and competition promotions will be reshaped in this nation. In turn, athletes will be inspired to achieve higher and more consistent levels of performance standards, hence increasing their chances of meeting their personal and National Governing Body’s goals.

** The Olympic History **

United States Olympic Shotgun Shooting Sports Medalists

** Men’s Trap **
    James Graham Gold Medal 1912 Stockholm, Sweden
    Mark Arie Gold Medal 1920 Antwerp, Belgium
    Frank Troeh Silver Medal 1920 Antwerp, Belgium
    Frank Wright Bronze Medal 1920 Antwerp, Belgium
    Frank Hughes Bronze Medal 1924 Paris, France
    William Morris Bronze Medal 1964 Tokyo, Japan
    Thomas Garrigus Silver Medal 1968 Mexico City, Mexico
    Donald Haldeman Gold Medal 1976 Montreal, Canada
    Daniel Carlisle Bronze Medal 1984 Los Angeles, USA
    Joshua Lakatos Silver Medal 1996 Atlanta, USA
    Lance Bade Bronze Medal 1996 Atlanta, USA

** Men’s Double Trap **
    Walton Eller Gold Medal 2008 Beijing, China

** Men’s Skeet **
    Matthew Dryke Gold Medal 1984 Los Angeles, USA
    James Graves Bronze Medal 2000 Sydney, Australia
    Vincent Hancock Gold Medal 2008 Beijing, China

** Women’s Double Trap **
    Kimberly Rhode Gold Medal 1996 Atlanta, USA
    Kimberly Rhode Bronze Medal 2000 Sydney, Australia
    Kimberly Rhode Gold Medal 2004 Athens, Greece

** Women’s Trap **
    Corey Cogdell Bronze Medal 2008 Beijing, China

** Women’s Skeet **
    Kimberly Rhode Silver Medal 2008 Beijing, China

** The Donations **

The Corporate Officers and Board of Directors of Chubb International Shooting Sports would so deeply appreciate your assistance in making this vision a reality. Your generous contribution will be recognized on our “Wall of Heroes”.

_____ $10 - $50 = Bronze Medal Donor
    _____ $51 - $250 = Silver Medal Donor
    _____ $251 - $500 = Gold Medal Donor
    _____ $501 - $1,000 = Dream Builder Donor
    _____ +$1,000 = Legacy Partner Donor

Contributors in both the “Dream Builder” and “Legacy Partner” categories will receive “Life Memberships” to Chubb International Shooting Park.

Make checks payable to: Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

RETURN ADDRESS:

Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.
    302 Tennessee Avenue
    Elizabethville, PA. 17023 USA

Allen Chubb, Jr. – President & Treasurer
    717-362-7830 Office
    717-362-7834 Fax
    717-395-5256 Cell
    Email: chubbins@epix.net

A benefit Sporting Clays and Wobble Trap shoot will be held on Martz's existing ranges on Sunday, October 12, 2008 from 12:00 to 5:00. We would deeply appreciate your participation and support at this event. Food will be served, so please come out an join us in order to learn more about this exciting new range. Directions to the range can be found on their website at www.martzs.com. In order to better plan for the crowd, we would appreciate an RSVP to the listed email address as soon as possible.

Details of our "Club Membership" for Chubb International Shooting Park are still being worked out and will be announced at a later time. You have been asked to contribute to many other organizations in the past, but unlike them CISS can assure you that "100%" of your donation dollars will be directed to this project!

We have created a very professional and beautiful brochure for our capital campaign program. If you would like to receive either a web-ready PDF brochure or a brochure in the mail, please send an email to the address listed above and one will be sent to you immediately.

The success of the U.S. Shooting Team in Beijing, coupled with the construction of this "World Class" and "State of the Art" facility will help to ensure the United States a rightful spot on World level competition podiums for decades to come! WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!!!!

Thank you so much for your consideration,

Allen Chubb
    President & Treasurer
    Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

2. Allen Chubb

Fellow Shooters,

Thank you for the many nice comments and pledges of support. We have to give this thread a move to the top of the board.

UP!!!!

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Allen

Thanks for the committment. We have a Bunker in North Tn, but it is not in the same league as what you are planning.

From an old country boy who promised to train young athletes when still young, I salute you.

Before I was old enough to drive, an old fellow named John Way taught me to shoot NRA Bullseye Pistol and Match Rifle. This was back when Revolvers were still shot Double Action in NRA Timed and Rapid Fire stages.

He asked me to promise him when I got old, I would pass on the gun culture to the next generation of shooters and champions like he did, free of charge. I did, and do.

4. Allen Chubb

Shooting Coach,

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. We really appreciate the great commentary that we've been receiving over the past two days since we officially announced our plans.

Trapshooterjoe7,

Thanks for your input, but at the present time we only need (15) acres for (2) Olympic fields. I can assure you that we've done our math and collectively our group is responsible for building and equipping more than (12) Olympic bunkers throughout the U.S. and Mexico over the past (20) years. However, your comments are much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

One acre is 90.75 yards of a 53.33-yard-wide American football field. The full field, including the end zones, covers approximately 1.32 acres.

6. Allen Chubb

Trapshooterjoe7,

The complex will be built smack in the middle of a 1,300 acre game preserve that has been in business since 1955. We will be tenants on this property, so the owner would be the one purchasing additional land if they see fit. FYI, One of the most fruitful pieces of legislation that was ever passed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania was the "Range Protection Act", which was pushed and signed into law during Tom Ridge's administration. The purpose of this law was to protect ranges from encrochment and senseless law suits by neighbors moving in our building close to existing ranges. One of the provisions of the law is that if the suit is deemed a nusense suit, then the plantiff gets to bear all the legal costs of both parties as well as the court costs. This law was modeled after "Old English" law, which is also the kind of law the exists in the State of Tennessee. Needless to say, this law has protected several ranges in Pennsylvania since its signing. One of the ranges that is a beneficiary of this law and also happens to be a client of our agency is "Flourtown Sandy-Run Sportsmen's Association", which advertises their ATA matches on this website regularly.

We chose this site for many reasons, but one of the more important ones is that this game preserve is in the middle of "No Where". The closest hamlet consists of (400) residents and is (2) miles away. The surrounding properties are all family farms. The owners have a great relationship with their neighbors. There is also no industry in the area, so it is unlikely that there would be any huge influx of new housing starts that could or would warrant concern. In short, we have done our homework! The (15) acres is plenty enough area for the shot fall of two Olympic Shotgun fields set side by side. Please note that the maximum flight of a 7 1/2 BB is only 191 meters or 209 yards, which is off course just a tad more than two football fields. I believe this is the point that Joe Potosky was making just prior to your subsequent post.

In any light, once again thanks for your commentary. I believe that every bit of accurate information that can be brought to light in the public is a good thing. We'd appreciate all the support we can get with both funding and advice. I hope that you can come up from Maryland when the range opens to enjoy a wonderful experience in shooting Olympic targets with us. We all so look forward to that day so please help us help the US.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

7. Allen Chubb

Trapshooterjoe7,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. We really look forward to next summer when the first targets are thrown. We have a lot of paperwork to deal with between now and then to say the least.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

8. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

a free bump for a great cause.

congratulations allen.

9. Allen Chubb

Sportshot,

Thanks for your pledge. We really appreciate the help. As you can imagine this is a huge undetaking. It's great to see the support that the project is receiving. We look forward to you coming up (hopefully next summer) to see your name on the board. We've already received some "Dream Builder" and "Legacy Partner" donations, so we're very pleased with the response so far and we're on our way. I fly out to Colorado Springs on Monday for the fall selection match. If you're in attendance, I can explain some more details of what we have planned.

We are in possession of a chart published by the NRA, that shows the range of various shot sizes based on a 30 degree launch arc. According to the chart, the maximum flight of shot is as follows:

9 = 160 yards

8 = 190 yards

7 1/2 = 209 yards

6 = 250 yards

4 = 285 yards

3 = 305 yards

2 = 325 yards

1 = 350 yards

Given the luxury of our surrounding space, we have built in a sufficient buffer into our range perimeters. Even if someone launched off a #1 shot shell, we'd still be good to go. I tested this theorical range of shot at both the Ontelaunee Gun Club and during my time at the USAMU. The 209 yards for 7 1/2's is real close to being accurate. I measured off the range distance at Ontelaunee, which put the 209 yard mark in a corn field that used to be planted out past our range perimeter. I stood in the corn field during training at 210 yards. The corn field of course gave you a great sense of sound as the shot hit the corn stalks. None of the shot made it to 210 yards. Only one shot even got close and I would have estimated that shot fall to come in at around 200-205 yards. Now please take into consideration the height of the setting and a possible tale wind, etc. If you are constrained by other attractions, then a 250 yard perimiter would be sufficient. You'll have to make sure that nobody accidently lights off a number 6 or bigger or you'll have some problems.

Hope to see you in Colorado Springs next week and once again, thank you for your support!

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

10. Allen Chubb

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm flying out to Colorado Springs tomorrow for the Fall Selection Match. Please don't hesitate to keep sending your email and questions to me during this time frame. I'll have my laptop and blackberry with me, so I should be able to answer your questions once I've gotten back to my hotel each afternoon.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

11. Allen Chubb

12. Allen Chubb

Gentlemen,

Thanks again for the nice words and thoughts in your emails over the past three days.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

13. RAScott

RAScott Member

Sounds like a real nice place and hope to shoot there some day.
    Free Bump from Bob

14. Allen Chubb

Bob & Mike,

Thanks for the kind words. I sure hope to see you up here next year as well. The nearest airport is Harrisburg International Airport. It's about (35) miles from the proposed range. It services USAir, United, Delta as well as other airlines. It's a very gun friendly airport and they have the newest TSA equipment for examining and scanning firearms without human touch, so you don't get bogged down during checking-in like at other airports that don't have the machinery and require human inspection. We just went through this joy at Colorado Springs this morning at 5:00am as we were leaving the fall selection match. This isn't something you look forward too, especially at 5:00am on a Sunday with grumpy TSA employees that would sooner be home in bed. I guess I can't blame them, because I would have sooner been in bed as well.

Thanks Again!

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

15. Allen Chubb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.