1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New/old Spolar for me.

Discussion in 'Spolar Power Load, Inc.' started by Aircooled6racer, May 7, 2015.

1. Aircooled6racer

Aircooled6racer Active Member

Hello: I bought a used Spolar that needed some parts to make it complete. Sent an e-mail to Spolar and Dicksie replied and said to call her. I made the call today to get the parts and she told me of the updates on my 1998 machine. That lady knows her stuff! I also ordered the 28 gauge conversion. Now I will have time to get my bench setup and learn more about the machine. I already turned up some bushings in the lathe for it so I can load 3/4oz 12 gauge loads with Extra Lite powder. I can't wait to see what this machine can do. It should save my shoulder with the hydro unit. Thanks, Eric

2. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

Congrats on the purchase . Someday I'll get the hydraulics for mine....

3. My3johns

My3johns Member

Great machine and support

4. Aircooled6racer

Hello: I got the notice today that my parts that I need will be here Friday. Will be setting it up this weekend. Should be running by Sunday after my sons soccer games this weekend. Thanks, Eric

5. Aircooled6racer

Hello: I finally got it up and running. I still need to put a hole in the table for the shell catcher. I did have to setup the 12 gauge reloader since it was setup for paper hulls. I adjusted every station but made sure I still had the original setting. I used a vernier caliper for the measurements. I did have to shorten the wad/shot install tube for my Claybuster CB-1075-12 wads. The tube was way too long for the wad. I took off about 0.200" in the lathe and radius the tube end. It loads Remington STS's very well. The Gun Clubs are slightly dished in, which I can't seem to fix. The crimp depth is set to 0.055" deep. I also ran 200 rounds with the hydro unit and I can say it works great. I am still getting used to the foot pedal and may have to make a platform for it. I kinda miss the hull feeder I have on my Dillon SL900 and may look into one in the future for the Spolar. Next week I will try the 28 gauge setup. It should be good to go since it is new and was setup by Spolar. Thanks, Eric

6. Aircooled6racer

Hello: Well I setup the new 28 gauge toolhead and have been cranking out these little beauties at a great pace. They look as good as or even better than factory Winchester AA's. This is a new toolhead setup and came straight from Spolar adjusted for my load. It works great with not one bad shell so far. One thing that is nice about the Spolar is the adjustment if needed. I just setup my 12 gauge toolhead again for Rio hulls with 6 fold crimp and they look great. The only thing I changed from my Remington setup was the pre crimp starter. With the Red Dot powder and CB6100 wads the hulls look great. The primer system works great with the Rio primers also. I may have to call Spolar and see about a 20 gauge setup and maybe a 410 also. Thanks, Eric

7. Aircooled6racer

Hello: Well I am ready to get the 410 conversion. Anyone know if Dicksie is at work this week? Thinking they may on there way to a match or 3? Thanks,Eric

8. sixten38

sixten38 Member

World Skeet shoot is this week, Carter and Dicksie are usually there for the entire event.

9. Aircooled6racer

Hello: That is what I figured that they would be at one of the major events. I'll try her in a week or so. Great lady to deal with. Thanks, Eric

10. Aircooled6racer

Hello: I got my 410 conversion from Dicksie and will start reloading 410 this week. Fast service and the sample shell looks great. Now if I ever start to reload 20 gauge at some point I will have to order that conversion as well. So now I can reload 12,28 and 410. Thanks, Eric

11. mike-sid

mike-sid Active Member

Sorry to bring alive the dead, but how did the 410 set up work out for you? I also like pictures:icon_wink:

12. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member

Mike, Aircooled6racer hasn't posted since last June-which is a shame as I always enjoyed his posts. Hope he still lurks and starts again.

Bob

13. mike-sid

mike-sid Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. I hope so too

Search tags for this page

dillon sl900 20 gauge six fold crimp stater