1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New/Old 1100?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by racer, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racer

racer TS Member

Anyone know off hand if the newer 1100 classic trap guns have common parts to the old original 1100's. Can I put an old (70's) barrel on a new one and vice versa? Thanks for info or links to info- Dan

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

After 1987 the extractor on the 1187/1100's are larger. About all of the internal parts are the same. There are some difference in the gas systems on the newer field guns. Some of the older barrels will fit and some need to have the extraction slot widen.

If Brian sees this he should be able to give you more information.

Ajax

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Trigger groups interchange. Most action parts interchange. Many late parts are upgrades for earlier parts.

The early and late bolts will interchange *IF* the early barrel extractor slots are filed wider for the later bolt.

Late barrels will fit the earlier guns. Early barrels will fit the later guns *IF* their extractor slot is widened.

Two piece and the later so-called "one piece" rings will interchange. (The "one piece" rings are actually two interlocking rings). Some guns seem to run better with the older rings. I've never had issues, but others have.

Late model guns use the 1187 style barrel retention system. Their mag tube can has internal teeth on it, that engage a toothed plastic plug inside the mag tube. Earlier guns have a detent ball on the forend that the outer part of the mag cap engages.

Even though later 1100s are an 1100/1187 hybrid, they still use 1100 barrels (keeping the part of the extractor slot in mind).

4. racer

racer TS Member

Thanks for info. Just kicking around the idea of going back to an 1100. I assume there are enough parts out there to keep one going if I start shooting alot. Dan

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

The newer Classic 1100 trap has a light contour barrel with a flat rib as compared to the older 1100 trap that had a fixed choke, a step rib and heavier barrel.
    FWIW. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.