1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW OHIO FACILITY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Was talking with Al Nelson and Pat Burke this weekend at the Hog Heaven Mountain Days shoot and was told of a relatively new trap range in Ohio built completely with a millionaire's private funds. I believe they told me it was near Columbus, but I can't remember the name of the facility or its exact location. Can someone provide the details? It sounded like a really nice place to shoot.

Guy Babin

2. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

This will get you info and a nice picture.

http://www.ohiotrap.com/

3. nicky

nicky Member

Guy I believe your refering to the Cardinal Center in Marengo Ohio, just off I-71. It's been up and running I think for two years. They have 40 traps. Their phone is 419-253-0800. Hope that help's , Kevin

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thanks washandwear. Lumper it is the club in question, there is a link to the Cardinal Center on the page provided, which is the facility itself. It looks really nice.

I hear they may be engaged in a effort to compete with the Grand.... I hope not, I'd hate to exclude one for the other.

Guy

5. Pump Gun Pimp

Pump Gun Pimp TS Member

I want to go there real bad. Maybe 2008, I'll get a chance.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I find it a little difficult to believe that anyone who has been on TS.Com for any time has not heard of and about the Cardinal Center ... Then to hear about it at Hog Heaven on top of it causes a slight touch of suspicion to say the least ... Guy, you must be living in a brown paper bag or something to be so far out of touch, so from now on try and pay better attention will you please ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

WPT,

First ever round of Trap - OCT05. First ever post to TS.com - 23MAY06. First ever registered shoot - 24JUN06 Millington MD. Please forgive the imposition. I will endeavor to learn as much as I can in spite of the pretentious.

A genuine thanks to the rest.

Guy

8. steele

steele TS Member

Come on Guy!! We don't have time to answer stipid questions like where to shoot!! This is a trapshooting site where we sell cars, & price cordwood, & video cameras, & opera singers. Jeez get with the prgram will you?!!! B

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Guy; People get a little suspicious when you have been on here for a year and half and there has to have been 50+ threads on Marengo and you also reference Lumper in your 2nd post(he being a site idiot). How does a 40 trap club vie for the Grand which currently has a 100+ trap facility??

Sounds like a little trolling expedition doesn't it???

Don

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Avery temporary situation he would and will add as many as needed with a year notice. So you IL lovin hilligans behave.

Rock

Jim

11. Ljuticman

Ljuticman TS Member

Rock, you should read the OSTA minutes from their Oct. 6 meeting. Jack Fishburn doesn't want to add any new traps at this time. He will re-evaluate next year.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Rock was preaching here not to long ago that the ATA wouldn't let Marengo expand. What happened Rock you have a serious personal talk with the BOD?? It's good to see that you and Mr. Fishburn have this great personal relationship. By the way do you ever get anything right.

Don

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Point taken Don. Please know I wasn't trolling... my post is more accurately characterized as an efficient, no lazy means to get info. It appears I should have researched more on my own.

Regrettably it seems I've violated the somewhat obscure but very real forum protocol resulting in a deleterious effect.

For the sake ts.com'dom's pristine and genuine integrity, I'll go home and kill myself with my obviously unread issues of Trap & Field.

Ya just gotta love communications without body language!

Have a great day everyone,

Guy

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Guy; Now don't get all soft on me now, you have to grow another skin layer to play on this site.

Welcome to the sport and above all have fun and shoot often.

Don

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Guy,

I did not intend to scald you with my comments, just that the Cardinal Center has been hashed and rehashed time and time again on this site ... I thought I recalled seeing your sign on name before and thats obviously my mistake if you just started posting ... If you have not been on here that changes everything ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Oh Boy!

The Grand can move back to its beloved home of OHIO!

' 0'

' 0'

' \\ \\ '

'>>>------- 0> = Fishing Stupidtion
    '
    ' // /'

Ronbo

17. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Nope it was the state not the ATA. And he is working on the skeet fields and one other shooting project with the state fish and game at this time. And I did manage a short talk with the man at the Classic. He sees no great hurry with Sparta locked for another 8 years. But still says he would do it if needed but just can't justify it now.

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.