1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Mexico's Skinney Davis passes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ken H, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken H

Ken H TS Member

New Mexico Hall of Fame original inductee W.A. Skinney Davis
    passed away Sunday AM.

Skinney founded and ran the Truth or Consequences Trap Club for
    a good portion of the last 60 years. He just had his 99th birthday.

Memorial services will be held Tuesday in Truth or Consequences,
    New Mexico at 2:00 PM.

For any additional information call me at 575.740.7309

Ken Harrington

2. Ken H

Ken H TS Member

3. bobr

bobr Member

I have so many fond memories of shooting with this man I can't begin to list them here. He lived for the sport we all enjoy so much and did so much to keep it alive in TorC. I last shot with him at the Tucson Winter Chain when he was 92 and he broke a 98 in singles that day. It made me think there should be a Super Senior Vet Class since there were 7-100's in Senior Vet that day. He was especially proud of receiving his 45 year attendance pin that year. I think he shot a little bit even into his 93 year when his failing eye sight let him down.
    Even after having to quit shooting he continued to keep track of all the shooting news through visits with Ken and as much as he could read Trap and Field and maintained a scrapbook of New Mexico State Shoots and shooters. He would have loved this forum had it arrived a little sooner in his life.
    I'll miss you Skinny.

Bob Reis

4. Ken H

Ken H TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.