1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Mexico State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Alex Ragulsky, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

It's been a few days since the conclusion of the NMSTS and I have had a little time to digest what really happened over those four days. I think that I am ready to share my observations.

First I have to say that the folks running the shoot were the best! On par with Delta (Colorado) and anywhere in Montana! I was made to feel welcomed from the second we set foot on the property until I sulked off with my tail between my legs after the handicap. And even though I struggled at the end I was made to feel very appreciated up to and beyond the very end.

Being somewhat a jerk I expected the worst in Raton from the locals. But once again I was totally wrong. At every store, shop and restaurant the people were helpful and more than a little friendly. A super little town!

The targets at the Raton Trap Club were very good in spite of some challenging weather and it never took more than a few seconds to get an official to change what you didn't like (my downfall as it seems). On Saturday night the cutiest little cowgirls served lemonaide, iced tea and cake and really added some class to the place. You couldn't help but smile.

All in all I guess I would recommend the New Mexico State Trap Shoot to anyone who wants to shoot good targets while being treated like an honored guest. It is certainly on my list of shoots to attend again (if they'll let me).

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

2. gunracer

gunracer TS Member

Alex,

I have to agree...............great targets, great people, GREAT dinner and a great shoot!

Like you , I will be back next year and am looking forward to the SW Zone.

BTW - Thanks for asking me to join the incredible singles squad!!!!!!!!

Forrest Purviance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.