1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New member Howdy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Huck, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huck

Huck TS Member

Hello to the wire, This is my first post after lurking and reading for a bit. Many helpful threads going. I am a Cowboy shooter and shoot Cowboy trap with a long barreled Win `97 as I use my cut down `97 for CASs both 12ga. I use a 7/8oz cowboy load and 1 1/8oz loads for trap. I also have a 16ga Win `97 I am playing with for Cowboy Action shoots and hope to start reloading for it soon.
    I use a Mec 762R and I will look for one of them older presses in 16ga or get a new Mec 8567 in 16ga. Any one reloading 16s with 7/8 0z loads and what Hull and wad gives you a nice crimp. Sorry to get long on this but figured I'd say who I am and about.
    Huck

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Welcome! Watch that cowboy stuff these guys can be brutal, but it is all in fun. Mike.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

welcome, I will be at the CASS finals here in Boise in the morning. I love the long range stuff and the fast draw

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Wecome to the website Huck. Sorry I can't help you out on the 16ga. problem you are looking for, but wanted to at say Hi. Also bump your thread up to the top as well. Break-em all. Jeff

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Huck welcome click on the link above Remington still make 16 GA wads but I have not seen them in 7/8 oz on the page above 1 1/8 oz you might have to do some searching to find anything more but it might be worth a google. Good Luck

Bob Lawless

6. 16ga shooter

16ga shooter TS Member

Hello,

I am also a new member to the site and have been shooting a 16ga for years. I see that claybuster just came out with a WAA16 (clone) 1-1 1/8 oz wad. I have not loaded any yet.
    I hope this helps.

7. Huck

Huck TS Member

Thanks for the welcomes, I see that Downrange mfg and Ballistic Prods are selling 7/8 oz wads for 16 gauge. I could just buy ammo but I like to reload and there's not much choice in loaded 16s, My Winchester 1897 in 16ga likes the black Remington Express for chambering, fireing and ejecting so I have saved up some hulls and hope they reload with a 7/8oz shot load as nice as the 12s with STS and old Gun Clubs I like to roll now.
    By the way I shot at Spartas World complex in 2005 at the first SASS Illinois States Championships. I THINK we were one of the first groups to shoot there.
    It was still under construction then and I hope to shoot there next May.
    Huck

8. Juno

Juno TS Member

Huck, welcome to our happy little forum!<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh139/harp247/?action=view&current=huckleberryhound_news.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Huck welcome also to the trap site I always liked watching Huckleberry Hound.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QT9FuPN__OY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QT9FuPN__OY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Be sure to wear a jacket just incase if your skin is a little thin but you will have plenty to take up for you so fire away with the next question.

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/gdarnell/Family/?action=view&current=thfog-8.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foghorn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.