1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New member from Oregon

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Radkng, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radkng

Radkng TS Member

Hi, first post here. I havent shot trap much for a few years due to a couple kids. But I use to be addicted big time, shooting in Oregon, Hawaii, Vegas and Reno.
    Recently I have been having the urge to get involved again. Are there many members here from Oregon? Or maybe some of the guys I use to shoot with in Hawaii?

-Steve Rademacher
    Boring, Oregon

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Only one person from Oregon shoots guns that we know of.

But what he lacks in numbers, he makes up for in...

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Yeah, quite a few here, Steve, and even more that lurk without ever posting or rarely so. Close to you is Portland Gun Club on 174th just 1/4 mile south of Powell, Hillsboro Trap and Skeet on Wren Rd a couple of miles S of ramp 57, hwy 26, Tri-County off Tonquin Rd out of Sherwood, and Mitchell's Clay Targets north of Brooks. There are small clubs scattered along the River in both WA and OR throwing mostly games. Then Albany, Eugene, Medford, Tillamook, Bend, Madras, K. Falls, et cetera; certainly no shortage of places to shoot. On here often, you'll find "Brian of Oregon" from near your digs and others. Welcome back....breakemall....Bob Dodd, Eugene.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Steve, maybe we'll see each other at the Portland Gun Club sometime this spring. I shot trap and sporting clays there.

5. Radkng

Radkng TS Member

Thanks Brian, that sounds like a plan. I work in Gresham and Portland gun club is not to far away. I use to be a member at Hillsboro a few years back when I lived on the west side. I use to shoot alot of registered shoots but now am mostly interested in hunting and shooting for fun.
    -Steve

6. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Steve,welcome to a very great site.

Bo

7. dhg

dhg TS Member

Steve you might to check out Canby, they shoot alot of games.

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Welcome ! Jeff

9. starship

starship TS Member

Welcome back!
    I shoot both Portland and Hillsboro. I live on the east side of Portland; and have a business in Hillsbor (don't ask).
    Was a sporting clays shooter at Mitchells a few years ago but don't do that kind of thing much anymore.

Chuck

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hopefully you weren't taxed by the mile getting here...

Welcome aboard!!

Curt - Delaware

11. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Brian, I'll be out this weekend to help my Father-in-Law celebrate his 80th. Are you planning to go out to PGC? I'm thinking of bringing a trap gun along.

12. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Guns he has on hold........ Jeff

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Larry, probably not. My daughter is a cheerleader and has some competitions this coming weekend, plus it's Valentine's Day. My wife had surgery last week, and I've taken a couple of weeks off to take care of her. I'm hoping she'll be up to going out to dinner that night.<br>
    <br>
    Best wishes for your father-in-law. My dad turned 80 last November. He refused a party, saying it wasn't a big deal. Go figure.<br>
    <br>
    Hey, how has your nephew been doing? Did he get into hunting or trap shooting?

14. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

My nephew Bryce is working now, Mt. Hood Meadows I think. He decided school was not for him. He didn't come to Idaho this summer so no trap. I did take him and my middle (adult) son on a cow elk hunt this past November. We had a great time and shot three. We're taking a cooler full of meat to him this weekend.

Good luck to your daughter, and I wish your wife a speedy and complete recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.