1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New MEC

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Grabber, does everything a 9000 does except you rotate it by hand. Idiot proof.

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

It sounds to me like you're going alcoholic, rather than hydraulic.

3. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

disaster. I purchased a MEC 650 about 2 years ago. Love it. I load on the average a flat a week, takes about an hour. I'm not in a hurry just like to make good relaods.

See "My MEC 650 and a few little tricks" for other info.

Good luck and good shooting.

Charlie

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm with jmbi for exactly the same reason. I have acquaintances who have disabled their automatic rotating hull plate on 9000 loaders and turn them into Grabbers just to return to moving the shell plate when they want instead.....Bob Dodd

5. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Been using a Grabber since November 1987 and it is still going strong. I presently load 18,000 to 20,000 rounds a year.

Had very little problems with it: Replaced the Collet two times, the crimp starter, primer feed spring and the operating rod. All in all, in the last 21 years this ain't bad!

Go for it and get the Grabber.

Frank

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

grabber or 650. or 9000 all good 650 less moving parts grabber is 650 with resizer. 9000 is grabber with auto index and final shell eject. Id you are mechanically inclined a 9000 is a great upgrade. if you want less things that may go wrong a 650. I got a 650. I only shoot shells from my gun and check hulls with a go no go gauge from mec.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.