1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New MEC Automate

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Fyrman, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fyrman

Fyrman TS Member

Picked up my new MEC Automate on the way home from work last night at Recob's Target Shop. They just received a delivery of them and I got one before Karen could get them in the computer! Within an hour (less, if not for aligning primer tray) I was cranking out shells... Great machine, built like a tank...
    -Nils

2. Fyrman

Fyrman TS Member

Speed was good... Once at the bottom of the stroke, release buttons and grab a hull and wad, throw them in and hit the buttons. The total cycle can't vary much from the pre-MEC versions but AverageEd will fill us in...

3. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

What did you pay for it?

4. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

We know what MEC gets for them what was your price? GOOD LUCK

5. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

We know what MEC gets for them what was your price? GOOD LUCK

6. kolar12

kolar12 Member

What is an Automate?? An add on or a new loader? Gary

7. Fyrman

Fyrman TS Member

524.99, but don't tell my wife...

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Gary, an Auto-Mate is an electric device to which a shotshell loader is attached. It operates the loader with the push of two buttons just as a hydraulic system operates a loader with a depression of the foot pedal. Auto-Mates are much quieter than hydraulic systems, don't have near the potential for oil leaks, are very portable and can be switched to other loaders (for different gauges, for example) in minutes.

They are an apartment dweller's dream as they have all their weight (about 40 pounds) positioned very low, so they have rubber "feet" and do need to be bolted down. A reloader can carry his loader and Auto-Mate from a closet to the coffee table or dining room table, load shells and put the whole works back in a closet.

Although they are now made and distributed by MEC and are shown on their website, the ATS site (the machine's designer) still has good photos of one as well as a video of one in operation.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.