1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW MANGAMENT IN N.OHIO!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Coach'sWorry, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach'sWorry

Coach'sWorry TS Member

Sportsmen’s Gun & Reel Club is now under new management and cashier services on Saturdays for the trapshooting venues until 3 o'clock for practice and during the morning we have a winter league program where it is optional to register your singles targets and you shoot 50 singles&50 caps. The winter league will start at 11 and we hope to have a great turn out.

Winter League 2009-10
    44165 Middle Ridge Road Lorain, Ohio 44053 ¾ mile south of Broadway Exit off I-90 behind Wagner’s (Sign is behind telephone pole if headed from I-90)

Targets $17

Options:
    Lewis class* $5
    Yardage Purse** $5
    50 straight jackpot*** $5
    Long Run**** $1
    Reverse Long Run**** $1

*divided 60/40% (1-5 shooters one class, 6-20 two classes, 21+ three classes)

** pays high score in each yardage group (18-21, 22-24, 25-27)

*** 50 straight handicap jackpot will have gauranteed $200 starting pot that pays 25% 1st time played, 33% 2nd and 3rd time, 50% 4th time on. All money will be paid out 50/30/20 last day to top 3 averages of 6 scores. Ties divide and must play 50 straight jackpot at least 6 times to be eligible for final payout. NO EXCEPTIONS

****long run from first target to last. Reverse long run starting with last target

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Lorain has a wonderful little club, Leo and I really enjoyed coming to work with the kids there.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Is this the club everyone was complaining about a couple of weeks ago?

4. RJG53

RJG53 TS Member

I recently relocated to the Akron Ohio area and am looking for a club within about 30 miles that shoots in the evenings, Mon-Thur, during the winter. Does Sportsman's Rod and Gun shoot during the week? Are there any clubs within about 30 miles from Akron Ohio that shoots in the evenings during the week?

5. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

I'm not sure how far Sportsmen's Gun and Reel is from Akron but we do shoot on Thursday nights from 4pm-9pm. This is the only night we shoot clay targets during the week.

Anyone who was not pleased with previous treatment at the club should consider coming back and giving the new management on Saturdays a chance. There will be a calcutta or "Winter League" every Saturday through March. This Saturday is a Winter League with the program listed above and January 9th will be the next calcutta which is 100 club handicap.

The club website is listed above with general info but feel free to ask any questions and I will answer them the best I can.

Chris Hevener

6. Coach'sWorry

Coach'sWorry TS Member

shot410ga; you are correct, and the problem that people were giving their advice on is remidied. We have a wonderful facilty and it was just some personalities that are now replaced, that were confused at how a shoot needed to be run.

We look forward to creating a fantastic atmosphere where people will enjoy shooting, both during this spring and into the summer when our ATA shoots start.

7. Trap4

Trap4 Member

I was just told today that the ATA shoots listed in Trap & field magazine for Sportsmans Gun & reel club where NOT going to be held in January, february and so forth, is this true..

Trap-4----if this is true WHY where they put in.??

8. Coach'sWorry

Coach'sWorry TS Member

this is unaffortunately correct. The club was sent the correct days of the shoots from OSTA, so we believe it to be either an error between OSTA sending them, or Trap and Field printing them.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Have Business card Type tickets printed and embossed like they have in Southern Ohio Buddy shoots for the last 5+ years, you stay out on the line and they pick up the tickets for the next shoot while they are shooting a protection.

It is Simple and fast, we shoot an average of 25 Protectors an evening. You need to print up at least 250 tickets, they started out w/500 of them and don't run out.

For $20.00 you get 7 tickets w/face value of $3.00 each.

first place pays 2 tickets to each 1st place shnooter and 1 ticket each for 2nd place shooter.

The other clubs shoot for $2.50 each ticket and pay the same payoff.

The benefit of the ticket system allows for more shooting, no going in and back out or signing up, club makes more money, targets in the air means more money.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. Coach'sWorry

Coach'sWorry TS Member

11. monroesc

monroesc Member

Coach's Worry
    Any time you send dates to OSTA they get forwarded to ATA. ATA will then send you a "Shoot Registration Certificate" with the dates you applied for. You really need to double check what the ATA sends you because they forward it on to Trap and Field. A few of our dates were wrong and I corrected it with an email to ATA immediately. Now the fact that Trap and Field lists our club in Jefferson instead of Conneaut is another story...
    Hope this helps!
    Sara
    NE Zone Director

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.