1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New mandatory rules at 2010 grand

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by happy, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happy

happy Member

In keeping with the current rule changes here are a few more so no one can cheat, to even the playing fields and create more revenue for all.
    (1) All shooters must buy new guns at the Grand. This will help vendors as well as handicaping all shooter thus not allowing those special fitted guns that the pros use.
    (2) All shooter must leave all bags ,glasses, blinders, gloves and any other items that could help them in their shooting so no one will have any unfair advantage. All must buy new items at the Grand from the 20 vendors or so who might come back after last years lack of customers due to another great idea. (closing the traps in front of them)
    (3) All shooters will have meal tickets in their entry cost so everyone eats the same food. No one can use the high energy drinks or Gatoraide. only water from the wells on the grounds will be consumed. and all food will be served in the great pinic area north of the main building. This will allow everyone a chance to see old friends and enjoy the area.
    (4) No presquading will be used as this could be a form of cheating. No shooting with friends as they could call targets for each other. Squading will be on a first come basis and will be squaded in the order you sign up for singles and doubles. Times will also not be picked as this allows some to shoot at the best times of day (daylight) unlike last year were shooters took the line at dark for doubles. This will help utilize the main building since everyone will stand in line all day getting squaded.
    (5) All shooters will be subjected to drug testing, blood screening and a lie detector test. This will be done before each event and after. This will stop any steroid use for vision enhancment and any questions regarding scores or shells.
    (6) As always any rule changes or new ideas will not be brought in front of the members and the directors will be the last to know.

Thanks for supporting the ATA as we are always looking out for your best intrest especialy you weekend shooters and vendors who keep us funded.

Don't get mad just laugh cause nobody cares anyway.

2. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I got a good chuckle! Thanks.

J.F.

3. Don S

Don S Member

Will Gamaliel get hosed on this deal?

4. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Happy that was a good one I was rolling when I got to #5.

John

5. happy

happy Member

Rule change to starting times. All events will start at sunset on the east end so everyone will have the same advantage. Just like last year

6. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Must I purchase 7 1/2s or 8s ?

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Don't forget, NO RELEASE TRIGGERS. Folks should not be able to take unfair advantage of those lesser souls with pull triggers. LOL

8. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

Becareful Happy instead of a can of worms it will turn to snakes LOL KW

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

News just in. It will be mandatory for all shooters to use NEW K-guns only to go with the new shells for all sub class competitors. LOL Bulge.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

I think everybody should have to buy a new shirt from the ATA store. Think of all the revenue! ("Let them eat cake...")

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

No shirt, No shoot.

12. EE

EE Banned User Banned

How about no more golf carts?

13. THE-PLUMBER

THE-PLUMBER TS Member

sorry but i have to chime in on this issue.i don't even shoot the grand and this issue is driving me nut's.if the additional 300-500 hundred dollars affect's you that much you don't belong at the grand anyway.if your in that bad of a hard ship you should be saving your money for many other thing.maybe this is a way the ata is thinking about you,maybe there thinking of the (little guy)and trying to help him really look at his finacial issue's.i would love for everyone shoot the grand,but if your just scrapping buy to make it there, you are really screwed up any way in your priority list.so stop all the bitch'en or get in the kitchen.

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Plummer, How many football fans save all year to go to the superbowl? Similar situation. Some people can't afford to do everything they want to do so they focus on one thing they would really like to do. That may be their shooting fantasy. If they want to scrimp and save to go to the "Grand" why deny them that right even if it isn't in their best financial interest. They can live the way they want to. I.m sure you have your passions like the rest of us.It would be great to see everyone, at least once in their life live out their fantasy. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.