1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW LOADING RECORD (for me)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ntgr8, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Just finished loading 2400 1oz shells on my HORNADY 366. spilt shot-none, spilt powder-none, mashed cases-none, bad crimps-none, no primer drop-none. First time I've loaded that many shells without a screw up of some kind. How many can you load with out a mess of some kind?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Not that many for sure and i'm on a 366 myself. Sounds as if she is purring like a kitten. Nice work.

For what its worth, i've never had much of an issue with spilled shot/powder on mine. Now if i allow the primers to run out and not notice it well that's a different story. Its usually pretty evident when i do forget the primer as the powder runs down my leg and into my shoe. :) Now and then i'll get a bad crimp but usually thats the result of a slightly longer once fired Remington hull.

matt

3. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

Ntgr8,

I hope you realize that you have just pissed off the reloading gods and you are now going to get a payback......Terry

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

You're doomed now!!! LOL.

I use a 366 and I cannot recall the last time I had a problem. But to qualify my statement, I normally only reload 200 shells at a sitting, refill all components and walk away until the next time. While only doing the 200 thing, I don't get tired and my mind (what's left of it) doesn't wander, thus reducing my chances of doing something stupid.

Curt

5. twotimer

twotimer Member

ntgr, I use a 366 also. I find that wehen I have a problem it is usually the indian not the arrow. I usually do 400 at a time (one bag of shot) I have never considered keeping track. How did you do it? Do you have a counter on the loader? Mike

6. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I don't have a counter but I only had 6 bags of 8 shot and 400 per bag.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I don't go for the big marathons but more like 100 or 200 round mini-sessions. I just quit when the last primer in the tube runs through and leave the turret full. This take the spills out of the equation. I don't think I get 2,400 perfect crimps with no rejects. There is always a few bum hulls in there somewhere. I run a 366 Pacific.

But lately I have found a really fast way to get 5,000 perfect rounds all boxed up and ready to go .... just buy 20 flats of Estates and be done with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.