1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ljutic?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by steevo, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steevo

steevo TS Member

Hi all! Yesterday I put a used Ljutic on hold. I have two Browning Signature Edition trap guns. A BT99 Plus and a Citori Plus. I shoot them great, couldnt ask for better. But, this Ljutic seemed like a great deal. It is a Mono Gun, 34" with porting, light full, mid rib, upgraded English wood, pull trigger, 1/4 offset, palm swell, adj. comb, more I cant remember. It is in the 3xxx range. I talked with Nadine yesterday about it, and she told me that they changed the POI to 90/10. Also, last year, they got the gun and did a complete "refurbish" to it. They did the trigger, pin, lock, blue, and more. The whole "nine yards" if you will. About $1100 worth of work. The gun is priced at $3,200.00. This sounds reasonable to me because of the work done and the condition. I thought it was new when I held it. So, my question is this....is it a good price? Should I sell the Browning to buy it? Thanks for the input. Steve

2. steevo

steevo TS Member

I forgot, another thing they did was lengthen the forcing cone.

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Yes and Yes!!!

4. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

You have fallen into a barrel of S##t, and came out smelling like a rose.
    Buy it.
    I sell Ljutic's and know.
    Did Nadine tell you the year it was built? I'll bet in the early to mid 90"s.

5. steevo

steevo TS Member

Actually, the gun was built in 1998, and refurbished in July of 2006.

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Steevo, That's what I gave for mine last August. Mid-rib, up-graded wood, adjustable comb, ported, and POI is 70/30.I am the third owner. SN 26XX. built in 1989.Sounds like you have a good deal there. I am still in the process of getting mine to shoot for me. Think I'm getting there. LOL I presently have the gun shooting 4 in high at 13 yds. Working on HDC for now. Good Luck and good shooting. Steve

7. steevo

steevo TS Member

Now, yours is 70/30 and is 4in high. Nadine told me this one is set at 90/10. I have my Brownings set at about 6" high with the rib. How will this Ljutic be set when it is at 90/10? Steve

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Steevo, It is all going to depend on where you set the comb. I see a little rib between the two beads. I do not figure 8 them. I just experimented with the 13 yd. board until I started getting good breaks from the 25 to the 27. Someone on here may give you more help than me. This is the first gun I have owned with any adjustments. Rib or comb. I now own two. I bought an SKB 85 TSS as a back-up gun, but don't have it dialed in as yet. May just sell it if I like the way the Ljutic shoots. Time will tell if I ever get to a shoot.Get to the bench with some paper and cardboard and then to the trap field. Good luck. STEVE

P.S. Let us know how things work out.

9. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

steevo,

Yeah, I own 2 Ljutics and think they rock. Sounds like a pretty good deal, too. As to the POI, I could be wrong, but I think with the beads stacked, with a 90/10 rib, the gun should shoot 90/10. If there's space between the 2 beads, it will shoot higher. I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but that's how I thought it was. One of mine has a 60/40 rib and the other has either a 70/30 or 80/20 rib (I'm not real sure), but I moved the comb up a good bit on both of them so I see some space between the beads.

10. steevo

steevo TS Member

11. steevo

steevo TS Member

The responses have been great. I appreciate all the help. Sounds like I will be getting rid of my BT99 and going with the Ljutic. Hopefully I wont have to sell the Citori as I like shooting doubles. So, the BT99 Plus Signature Edition will have to bring me $1600 since thats what I have into it. Its in great shape. I will be posting pics soon. If anyone is interested, email me and I will send you pics. Again, thanks a lot. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.