1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ljutic Short Rib Mono has arrived!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by elinvar, Apr 10, 2013.

1. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

Hello All

The newest Ljutic has just arrived!

The SRM (Short rib Monogun)

18" rib on end of barrel- Very similar to the famous Space gun design.

This gun is Ser # SRM001- 1st one to be made up.
    Stainless monogun- 34" barrel- Stainless receiver and barrel- blued rib-
    Super Turkish walnut stock and forarm- I had this piece saved for something special!!

.740 bore with choke tubes- .705 & .715- 80/20 POI- Release trigger with gold blade.
    Ebony grip cap with 2 white lines- 14 3/8 LOP - adj comb and Butt- 1/8 rh offset-toe out 1/8.

This gun is something special- Points great- Feels great- Rained out my shooting tonight or I would be shooting it about now.
    I will give a shooting report next week-

Also soon to be available with an adjustable short rib!!
    This one might already be spoken for- i'll let everyone know asap.

8495.00 custom made to your spec's- with Americase and choice of triggers.

Terry Jones
    Terry's Gun Vault
    tgunvault@mediacombb.net
    217-433-988

2. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

another view

3. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

one more-

T. Jones

4. Not1/2Bad

Not1/2Bad Member

0   0   0

After working and talking to Jimmy sevear times, i think the mono's turned out better than expected. Great looking gun, trust me you will be able to see the target, at times to fast, remember, slow down to go faster. I guess mine will have to be called the proto type now, not the only one made. Keep us informed how you like it. I love mine

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Terry:

What is the purpose/advantage of a short rib?

6. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

The short rib allows you to aquire the target more quickly- Less obstruction from the front part of the rib- better visability I think.
    When you mount the gun you don't miss the rib that's not there- I should have at least one at the Grand as a demo- everyone will be welcome to try it out!

T. Jones

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I might have to try that out.

It really does look different though.

Hauxfan!

8. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

Wait till I get one and put a PFS on it!!

T. Jones

9. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Al...Would be Proud..Great Looking Gun...Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart

10. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

I can order a new Ljutic without a stock and I can put a PFS on it- I'm going to shoot this one and see what i think- I might be changing guns.

T. Jones

11. LjuticL07

LjuticL07 TS Member

0   0   0

^^^^up for a nice looking gun!

12. Not1/2Bad

Not1/2Bad Member

0   0   0

Great looking fun to shoot, you have to love a company that will listen to its customers, be willing to think outside the box, and not be afraid to try something new and different. While a short rib is not new to ljutic, go look at the first space guns, they have been playing with them for years, and Jimmy knows how to get it to work, find one try it out more than a few shots, as Al told me years ago see the target Break the target Its that easy!!!!!!!!

13. Hauxfan

0   0   0

Terry, are you taking this gun to the Missouri State Shoot?

Hauxfan!

14. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

Haux
    I will not be attending the Mo shoot- I plan to only attend the Ill State shoot and the Grand.
    Make a road trip and come over and shoot it!!

T. Jones

15. Hauxfan

0   0   0

We'll think about it Terry.

Hauxfan!

16. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

0   0   0

I recently watched a video of a past Bunker Trap "world" championship in which two of the finalists had this type rib on their guns; however, the guns were Pguns.

Jim C

17. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

Finally the weather broek for a while and i got to shoot the new Short Rib Mono
    1st impressions are great!

The gun points FAST- Very quick to see the target- I had to really slow down and see the target before making my move.

After a few I was getting the hang of the sight pictures and was breaking targets well- Really reminded me of shooting my Space gun. It might take a few more rounds but I think I will really like this set up.

T. Jones

18. Hauxfan

0   0   0

Now Terry, don't get to attached to that new gun.

You know, someone will just come along and buy it from you and break your heart! ;-)

Hauxfan!

19. Not1/2Bad

Not1/2Bad Member

0   0   0

The great thing about this set up is the heighth of the rib. It is just regular heighth, not way up in the air like the unsingles. Alot of people cant shoot the really high rib guns due to a variety of reasons, but with this set up your eyes remain close and in tune with the gun barrel, people will love this set up, wait till u see how well it works at caps!!!!!!

20. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Terry,
    That is great news. It was nice to talk to you the other day and I was hoping that you would get a chance to shoot it and let us know your thoughts. I am going to Yakima next Friday to shoot one. I am taking a flat of Ammo and will shoot it as much as they will let me. When I get my Blaser Luzus combo back from being serviced. I am selling it and buying a new gun. I am a one eyed shooter and after trying for over a year have come to the conclusion that I am one of the people who cannot shoot a high rib gun. As much as I love my Blaser, I want higher scores so the gun has to go. I will let you know what I think after I shoot the one that the factory has.

Jim Bradbury

Search tags for this page
ljutic short rib
ljutic short riib

ljutic srm

ljutic srm for sale
ljutic srm oo1
short rib mono
short rib mono gun
terry jones vault