1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ljutic Release trigger is pulling through

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have never ever had a Ljutic Release trigger pull through, this is a brand new trigger, when I set the trigger with tip of finger it seems to work OK and then when I set it a little closer to the joint it will pull through.

I had a new set of pins and replaced them all and it done it again today, so put the gun away and came home and removed the trigger assy looking for some dirt or debris, nothing found, everything looks good.

Will call Jimmy Ljutic Monday and see what he says.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Send it to Ljutic and have Jimmy put a little creep in the trigger.

3. dollarsworth

dollarsworth TS Member

Hey Gary, I have been trying to get ahold of ron, l have left several messages, but he hasn't called me back????? Just wondering if he is ok or just to busy??? I would have called you but I lost all the phone numbers in my phone....give me a call when you see this.

Thanks, Gary hollingsworth

4. Dr.Longshot

Gary will call you in a minute:

Trigger is off to Jimmy, I changed all the pins, it pulls through at the start 1 in 25 then proceeded to get worse,the more it was shot.

So I sent it Priority Mail to Jimmy Yesterday.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Just curious as to weather or not you like a fast or slow trigger. Do you know the set/release weights? I'm sure Ljutic will fix you up, they are good people. Regards, GAP

6. Dr.Longshot

Gapper Originally it was an 8 Lbs set or 128 Ozs, and a 28 Oz Release.

Am having Jimmy set it at his choice of 80 oz set and 40 oz release or to
    56 oz set and 28 oz release, either one will work for me.

I shot all over the place with 8 lb set and 28 Oz release.

The trigger was a slow release that way, I like my release 50% of the set weight.

I shot 56 oz set and 28 Oz release for years.

Jimmy is working on the trigger right now as I am writing this, Jimmy told me that the trigger should not have been out of the factory at those settings.

He is checking it out and fixing it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Dr.Longshot

I recieved a call from Ljutic today, and Jimmy has been very busy taking guns to the range so they can be delivered at the Grand.

I have owned numeeous Ljutics and Joe Ljutic before his passing has done rib modifications for me to raise POI and excellent results, have had this done on 5+ guns over the years.

Most recent was a Stainless Steel PRO-3 that my son had built to shoot 30 inches high at 30 yards, I traded him guns and had Joe lower the point of impact
    to 18 Inches high, and I won the Kentucky shoot when I got it back at Indian Lake, Ohio.

I purchased several new Ljutics from Roger Jack when he was in business, one was a LTD 2000 that I had POI changed to 18 inches high, all of these guns had release triggers, and the Ljutic Release triggers are one o0f the best on the market.

I know when I get it back it will be perfect in every respect.

Having a problem at the busiest time of the year for trapshooting is kind of frustrating w/o the gun.

The lady answering the phone was very courteous and willing to see what she could do. That is all a person can expect.

I especially appreciated the help that Jimmy Ljutic gave me over the phone.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.