1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New life

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shot410ga, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

New life has been created in the lab. Life from off the shelf chemicals and a computer program has created life in a lab in La Jolla Ca. Now the question is: Has man become a God by creating new life from nothing? As now it's no longer a requirement for a "God" to be involved to create life. It seems biology and a keyboard is all that's required for new life. No Mama, no Daddy..... Life from nothing but mixing a few chemicals in the right sequence---------------WOW

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I saw that show also. I have a feeling "we ain't seen nothing yet".

Eric

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Kinda the way we all started eons ago....what goes around...comes around. Seems we are completing the circle and ending up where it began!!

Curt

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

This is proof that life did not require a creator. It only took 60 years of research, millions of hours of lab work by thousands of scientists and trillions of dollars to prove that life could spontaneously generate itself.

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

God would be impressed if they used their own chemicals, minerals, water, power and planet. I do not think this proves anything, now matter how much they fuss about it. We cannot even truly cure the common cold, let alone cancer. And yes, I believe in intelligent design. These boys may be pretty bright, but they are not the creators of the universe.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Maybe the greatest accomplishment on man...........And where will it lead?

7. ouch

ouch Member

To say this makes man a god is beyond silly. It is like saying man created the wind because he can fly a kite.

A very good friend of mine who is in his 40th year as a scientist said it best, Science is discovering what GOD has already done. Richard

8. uplate

uplate TS Member

Isn't it obvious that life doesn't require creation or a creator? That life just..IS..wherever conditions conducive to life exist in the universe? An
    indiferent universe would not differentiate between animate and inanimate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.