1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New lenses on the market

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My eye doc just showed me this from his last trade show.

I think this is going to be a very good answer for my shooting glasses needs.

My 2nd eye implant is going to be done in a month, and when it gets stabilized I'm getting these.

I always had a problem with glare in winter from the snow, and the polarized lenses will help.

HM

2. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I find transitions are the absolute worst thing to wear for shooting. They darken too much and the birds are almost impossible to see, particularly against a treed background

3. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

The site says in bright light, they highlight reds and greens. Reds, fine. That will bleed over into the orange a bit. But highlighting greens is probably not a good thing for trapshooting.

4. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I ordered a pair of prescription DriveWear this week mainly for driving but will use them for shooting if they do well. I have blue eyes which makes me more sensative to light. I wear brown polarized lens for shooting 90% of the time now.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got a pair of the HI Def Spex lenses to fit my Decot frames, they are great for driving but not worth a damn for shooting ... I have not had a lot of luck with any lenses that change colors such as photo gray and or any others that I have tried ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

All of my glasses are polarized. Nothing new there. What is new here is getting a lens that can change while inside a car. Transition lenses darken due to exposure to UV light. When in a car, they cannot work because UV cannot get through the window glass. Supposedly, these can also react to "visible" light. I would need a first hand experience before I ran out to get a pair.

7. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I tried a pair of demos the local dealer had. They work as advertised. Glasses in a case come out yellow-green. Lay them on the seat out of the direct sunlight and darken some. Place them on the dash out of the direct sunlight and they darken a little more. Take them outside in the shade and they darken some more. I did not try them in the direct sun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.