1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New lady handicap shooter

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

My wife has been shooting registered birds for a year now. She just finished getting her 1000th 16 yds bird this past weekend. (400 from last year and 600 so far this new year) Her average for this new year is 80.7.
    She now wants to work on getting her 1000 birds for handicap. I looked in the only ATA rules book I have (2005) and found a reference that new lady shooters start out on the 19 yd. line. Because she's never shot handicap is she considered a NEW shooter? Also have the rules changes in the past two years concerning where a new handicap lady shooter should start?
    We're scheduled to shoot some registered birds in the next two weeks and I'd like to know where she should start practicing from.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Yep I have always been told the same as far as the 19 yard line unless she was to go to a real big shoot like Linn creek MO then she might have to shoot penalty yardage but at other smaller shoots she should be on the 19 yard line.

Fog

3. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

According to the current Rule Book as publisher on the website, Section VI/C/1, All new female shooters will be assigned to the 19. If she has never shot caps before, how could she be classified as other than new? I suppose the vague "known ability card" could be played here, or prnalty yardage at a large shoot.

4. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Since she is new at handicap that's where she stands.

You need qualifying targets for the Grand and the Satellite Grands, or penalty yardage will be assessed.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.