1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Kolar Unsingle High Rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by birdogs, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Will this rib fit on older Kolar's? If so, what changes must be made to the stock or is a new buttstock required?

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I would assume that the same receiver would be used and since the rib is significantly higher the comb of the stock would have to come up a corresponding amount. If the plan is to put a new rib barrel on your old gun you would need to get some post extensions to raise the comb or get a new stock. Bill Malcolm

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

smsnyder is/was selling the new TC rib a week or so ago for around $300, takes care of the unsingle, but your still stuck w/ the rib that came on your o/u bbls. All that would be needed after that would be to jack the comb up.

4. Kolarmaxx

Kolarmaxx TS Member

Just had Kolar change mine over. Sent the barrel and changed to a high rib in for days for only 395.00. Also sent me post extensions. Best thing I ever did. Visibility is awesome and the heads up position is very natural. Very relaxed shooting position. Can only do the unsingle, not the over/under. Just going to sell the barrel. Chris Gallagher

5. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Kolarmaxx,
    Why not put an add on rib on your o/u.
    Sonny Daniels

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Chris Gallagher,

I saw your high-rib unsingle at Solomon's. I didn't realize that it had been added later. Next time I see you I will take a closer look.

Tony C

7. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

rib is still available. very easy to change

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

older vs new kolar