1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Kolar Single Barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Anybody shooting the new Kolar Single Barrel. What bore Diameter. .740/.750
    Any info appreciated. Where to buy.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. serjon

serjon TS Member

Hi Joe, had my Kolar single barrel for about a month. Its a .740 bore, built like a tank. Fit and finish is excellent, and the standard grade wood is exceptional, really beautiful wood. Seem`s to smoke targets when I do my part, recoil is manageable with 3 dram trap loads. Bought mine from Steve Smith at Indiana Gun Club (http://www.indianagunclub.com/) ph.# 317-485-6540 Steve will treat you right, nice people to do business with.

Jon

3. ccridr

ccridr Member

Joe
    There are 7 new kolar singles at my club in Bristol Wi. Every one shooting them are very happy with them. The fit and finish is excellant, the balance is very good and the recoil is very soft. If I had 7 grand earmarked for a new gun, the kolar is the one I would buy.
    Colby

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Joe, when I called the Kolar factory, they told me to buy one through Lawry's the same people in Canada who make clay targets. I would like to see one in Alberta before I decide anything.

5. Joe Woods

There are other options miketmx. It is necessary to have it properly imported.

I have met with Jeff Mainland, the Kolar gun has impressed me. The Kolar people have impressed me as well.
    Thankyou very much for your guidance. I do appreciate the comments.

Joe Woods

6. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I have had my Kolar T/S for about 3 months. Best looking gun I have ever shot. Went right to the factory in Racine Wisconsin. Great people to work with. They know what they are doing. I have already shot a few 25s. The stock is right and thats the hard part. 740 bore.
    Glenn

7. hpesoj54

hpesoj54 TS Member

Have my Kolar TS about 3 months. I love it. I donot always shoot good with it but It always looks good. I went right to the factory and dealt with Jeff Mainland. The service was first class. It took about 3 months to get the gun and it was worth the wait.

Joseph

8. JLW

JLW TS Member

I don't own one but did shoot one at the Grand. Nice gun and I'm waiting to buy one used....if it ever comes up.-Jerald

9. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

What the others have said!! Mine is a .750 bore. Shoots very soft.

Dave Shaeffer, Sr.

10. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Joe......I ordered a KOLAR T/S in Nov.06 and the gun arrived Feb. 8,07. Out of the box the gun did a very good job...My first 100 targets was a 99; missing one in the second 25. Gun is a 750 bore and smooth. All comments from above on fit and finish are also my views. The Kolar people made this to the left hand specs. taken off my Ljutic mono gun. Shotgun Specialties/Doug and Dave Wolk of Ohio handled all matters. EXCELLENT guys to work with (and to spend money with) I must tell you that I have NOT patterned or placed this gun on paper as of yet. Thinking of doing it just to see the affect of rib movement (up & Down front adjustment) on my handicap game. If I do not revert to old careless habits it is a target smoking machine. I never shot a Kolar before shooting this gun.....try one; I think you will like it.......Kolarpole

11. Joe Woods

Thankyou gentlemen for your comments.It is appreciated. Take Care and happy shooting.

Joe Woods/Ontario

12. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Joe, Just dig up that box of gold under the store and go buy one. I think you should go for the unsingle trap combo. Jim will fly you over to Racine for a measuring. ROFLMAO Will we see you before St. Thomas?? Bill Malcolm

13. geterdone

geterdone Member

I purchased one of the first off the line last year. Shot 2400 regestered birds with it and went from D class to A over that time with a Non-resident win in a State Caps Championship. Any doubt I love it? No doubt a great gun but I feel the biggest difference was getting a perfect fit in a gun for the first time. Their 6 standard stocks allowed me to select one that "hits what I see".

Best release trigger I have ever used!

14. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has one, and he was gracious enough to let me shoot it.

I should have known better, but I didn't. It was a trap.

Not just a trap gun, but a literal trap. And I walked into it with my eyes wide open

Wow! What a gun. I think I'm in trouble here.

I shot one and now I want one.

It absolutely just smoked the targets, and I loved that release. It was the best release I have ever had the pleasure of shooting.

I'm in no hurry, but..........one of these days...........you just never know who's going to show up on the line with a new Kolar RS............

Hauxfan!

15. spritc

spritc Active Member

Joe, I bought a new one for my wife last Friday and I shot a few rounds with it on Saturday. On singles I shot two 25s with no noticable recoil. I took it over to the club this afternoon and shot two more rounds after raising the comb a little and shot two more 25s. I shot Diana shells and again no noticable recoil.
    I'm going to have to shorten the stock for my wife by at least an inch and I'm having a hard time considering that. I'd say for the money it is a very nice shooting gun. I have a Kolar combo and it shoots very similar to it in feel and performance. I'm sure you'll get a lifetime of shooting out it if you buy one.

Steve

p.s. it has a .740 bore

16. rip

rip TS Member

Kolardude,
    What kind of fools do you think we are? Bought for my wife!! I suppose that was a Mothers Day present! Really though, sounds like you are shooting great. Hope to see you soon. RIP
    Gerry
    P.S. I have had a T/S for 6 months now and think It is one of the best trap guns I have ever owned.

17. spritc

spritc Active Member

Rip, did you get rid of your combo? What is this world coming to? What are you shooting for doubles? Don C. helped me with a few adjustments (I was trying to shoot too high of a gun, for almost a year) and my scores went right up. I tweaked the wifes gun a bit and it now shoots like my Kolar. Of course when she starts shooting in mid June I'll have to cut the stock and adjust the POI for a more flat shooting gun. We still shoot on Saturdays and Tuesday afternoons if you ever find the time. Good to hear from you.

Steve

18. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I saw that MIA, and I have to admit to a twinge of jealousy, but then I realize that you didn't buy them all, and if I want one, I have to just go get it.

I had just put a new PFS on my Perazzi, and am using that right now. That is one reason I'm jumping on the bandwagon. But, it is one heck of a gun.

And yes Lisa, it does have "no noticeable recoil"....Well, maybe a tad more, but it is one of the softest shooters I have shot.

And no, I don't work for them or even own stock in the company. Just wish I did.........lol

Hauxfan!

19. rip

rip TS Member

Steve,
    Negative on the combo. I bought the T/S new from IGC. It is the same stock I had fitted at the Grand last year. I have so many irons in the fire I don't know what to put out first. Good luck. Rip

20. Joe Woods

I did not realize we were still talking about the Kolar T/S.
    I talked to John R. at Kolar last Friday and I talked to Richard Lawry at Lawry Shooting Sports. Caledonia,On. We all seemed to be in agreement. Now it is just a matter of waiting for delivery to Canada.
    I ordered a .740 Bore Dia./ Left Hand #1 Stock and a release trigger.
    Thankyou all for your assistance.

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.