1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Kolar or customize my current Kolar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I have a Kolar Combo I've shot for a year now and find the stock just doesn't fit me correctly. (grip is to far forward for my big hands) Gun is in excellent shape and even with the stock problems still find my average in the mid 90's. I have a 34" unsingle and 30" O/U. Now, because of my size, I'd also like to have just a little taller rib even though it's current rib is as tall as Kolar makes on their standard trap model.
    SOOOOOO, in my investigation I find I can get a custom stock made and some KeenSight add on ribs for both barrels for around $2500 - $3000, OOOOOOR, I can sell my combo and add about the same $$$$ and buy a new Kolar TA-MAX O/U with 32" barrels and get it fitted at the factory. I'm not hung up on a combo, I'm sure with the right setup a O/U would do well with how I shoot.
    So, opinions please, customize or new,

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Very opinionated me; but consider the new gun and get Jeff to work his fitting magic for you. I promise, you won't be sorry. You're gonna love the new high rib and head's up shooting the Max TA offers. I don't mind sharing my fitting experience by phone. PM me if you wish.

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Look you need a new rib and a new stock! Go to dennis devault he can make both and is truly one of the best gunfitters available period.

Don't wast your money on a new gun you'll be better off.

Joe

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

If I were you, I would go to a shoot and try the new Max TA. Trying to make a Formula 1 car out of a Corvette doesn't work. Once you shoot the Max I think you will want to trade. Be sure to shoot the 32' O/U barrels. They are heavy and move slow. Get Jeff to fit you for your stock. They do have six different right and left hand stocks they can fit you with. Go to their website and look at the different dimensions for the stocks. Hope this helps, Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.