1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Kolar max T/A combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgun_shooter, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Anyone out there shot one of these guns? If so how did you like it (pros and cons). Who has the best deal on these guns?

Thanks in advance!

2. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Pete Mccall is easy to deal with on these guns.He has a add in Trap and Field.I have friends that love them.

Terry Dean

Arron Willouby also has a thread on here and sells them.

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I, like many others, went to Racine, where Jeff Mainland custom fitted a stock that fits wonderfully. Scores went up and I feel my shooting has much improved because of the gun and the way it fits. The gun and the training sessions with Nora & Randy Ross have made me a better competitor. I bought mine from Dave Wolk at SGS and they handled all the details.....very highly recommended. The folks at Kolar couldn't have treated me any better, not to mention their legendary service. Really, Kolar is a great choice.

Best....mike

[​IMG]

4. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Pipe layer,

Do you know if Pete takes trade-ins?

5. Duck

Duck Member

Border Bandit,

Thats a beautiful gun!, great looking stock!.

6. kolartarget

kolartarget Member

I had one it was to heavy for me I bought a K80 trap special but I did like the option of being able to switch triggers good luck.

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I love mine, I just wish I could shoot as well as the gun does. Fantastic people to deal with. Bill Malcolm

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I purchased a new one from Joel Etchen guns two years ago. Gun was built like a tank and would last a lifetime. I sold it because it was way to heavy for me and my bad back. Sold it for k 80 trap special which I like much better.

9. AEP

AEP Member

I bought one 2 onths ago. I really like it. I was headed back to be fitted and the area rep said he didn't think it was necessary to be fitted. He ordered me a #2 stock. It mounts right up and feels real good.

Kolars are heavy though. It's something I have to get used to. I shoot a Cynergy for two years and shot it well. Since I started shooting the Kolar my scores have dropped 1 bird. I used to shoot a lot of 25's and a few 50's. Now I'm shooting quite a few 24's. I will give the Kolar 1 full year. If my score dosen't get back to where it was I will go back to the Cynergy.

Don't get me wrong. The Kolar is very comfortable to shoot. The fit is much better than the Cynergy.

If it were me I would shoot a Kolar demo for a while and see how you do.

Good luck,
    Andy

10. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

yes, Pete will accept trades.

TD

11. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

kgun_shooter: you have a private message.
    Thanks for considering Kolar products!

Aaron Willoughby
    Kolar Arms-Field Representative
    Phone: 606-481-0955

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar arms

trap kolar max shotguns