1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Kolar Max Sporter and Skeet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bird Grinder, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

Joel Etchen has a New Kolar Max Sporter and Skeet listed on his web site. Anyone know anything about these and seen any pictures?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Guessing it'll be the same idea as the new Krieghoff Pro-Sporter, adjustable rib like the T/A, but lower in height. I want one LOL

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Skeetman, why would skeet shooters want a adj. rib??? I'd like a new Kolar gun as well. LOL Break-em all. Jeff

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I think its more about having a high rib than an adjustable rib, and they already have the R&D into doing the adjustable rib on the T/A, so a couple quick tweaks on Mastercam, and you have a rib that has a lower profile, perfect for skeet or sporting (same thing krieghoff did w/ the Pro Sporter).

I have a 1/4" delrin rib on my new (to me)kolar skeet gun (I had a 1/4" aluminum rib on my old kolar gun), gets your head over the action and gives you a clearer view of the target. I can't shoot a flat rib gun to save my life any more.

BTW, very few shooters use a gun that shoots 50/50 on both barrels anymore. If you are shooting the targets where you should be, every skeet target on the field except for high 7, maybe high 6, and the 2nd target on 3, 4, and 5 is a rising target. My gun shoots 60/40 to 70/30 on the bottom barrel, and 50/50 to 60/40 on the top (rough guess, I set the new gun up the same as the old one in the fall, but I haven't put in any quality time with the patterning board yet). Rags told me the only person that has a kolar thats setup to shoot 50/50 on both barrels is Wayno.

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

60/40 is fine with me. Remember if you set it up any highter than that!! high house one will bit you on the backside. LOL. You can't afford to miss any on the base stations. Break-em all. Jeff

6. jls7522

jls7522 Member

Has anyone seen one of these yet? Pictures?

7. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

I e-mailed Kolar and this was there reply. Photo sessions for the Kolar Max Sporter and Skeet are set for the last week in February. You should seen them shortly after.

8. jls7522

jls7522 Member

There is one posted on Paxton's website.

http://www.paxtonarms.com/Kolar.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.