1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

\\\\\\New Kolar Low Profile//////

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wbill, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbill

wbill Member

I am very interested in the new trap low profile Kolar and was wondering if anyone out there has one and what are your thoughts on it. Bill

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hi-Grade Shooters has one for sale now. Used, looks pretty good. Strange wood. Roy

3. wbill

wbill Member

Are you talking about the one with the laminated stock? Bill

4. ramorton

5. wbill

wbill Member

I thought that both ribs where adjustable on the new gun. Bill

6. ramorton

They are. look at the front of the O/U barrels. Roy

7. wbill

wbill Member

Are you talking about the stock #u18111? I have blown the picture up and can not see a wheel on the front or a pivot on the back.

8. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I shoot an older Kolar T/C standard rib combo, and am thinking of going to one after the first of the year. Joel Etchen has a nice one on his website.(featured new guns).

9. wbill

wbill Member

I have seen that one and have been drooling over it. But now is a bad time to go in debit before November if you know what I mean.

10. ramorton

Bill, I looked and handled the gun at the Grand. The doubles gun has an adj. rib. Maybe you just missed the adj. screw, but it's there. Look at the website and hit control- plus on your key board. Then click up, as many times as you need. That makes it easier. Really a nice feeling gun. Not much different to me than the regular combo. A little more head up position. Hope this helps, Roy

11. ramorton

Bill, I am speaking of the Kolar website , not the gun on Hi-Grade's website. Who knows what that O/U is. Could be a skeet barrel. Roy

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The Low Profile is just a Max Skeet/Max Sporting w/ an unsingle ribbed to match.

13. wbill

wbill Member

What I'm looking for is the unsingle. I like the one that HI Grade has with the laminated soft touch on it. But no matter how I look at that picture I can not see the adjustable rib on the o/u barrel. Bill

14. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The one on Higrade is a bastardized combo. Someone took a "low profile" unsingle and mated it with a fixed rib TC barrel. Whoever buys that gun is going to have to do some MAJOR adjusting to the comb b/w the unsingle and o/u barrels. Unless there is a second comb that goes with it, there is NO way you'll get the comb low enough to use the o/u barrels. Someone (either higrade or the previous owner) had a Low Profile unsingle gun, and a set of ramp rib TC o/u barrels, and created a combo out of the pair, but like I said, unless there is a second comb, I don't think its going to be possible to shoot the o/u barrels as-is.

15. wbill

wbill Member

I'm glad someone else saw what I was seeing. Thanks for your input. Bill

16. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Great Lakes has a mid-rib combo on their web site (click on the link). It shows the adjustable rib on the O/U. Bill Malcolm

17. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

You can get a TA in fixed rib or three different adjustable rib heights: Standard, High and Low profile.

The low profile is same as Skeet-Max and Sporting-Max models with a trap-style stock.

Was looking at a standard height rib combo for my son, but Jeff Mainland wanted us to look at low-profile and I was very surprised that there was still a good "head's up" fit with the low profile adjustable. I think it is a little more versatile gun (skeet, sporting, bunker) with lower rib and still enough adjustment to get a 70/30 or 80/20 so for ATA trap.

The Kolar website does not really show the options very well.

SW

18. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I believe the lower adjustable rib will go to a point of impact of 80/20 and if you need higher POI you would need to go to the high rib. Bill Malcolm

19. bigben

bigben Active Member

The Kolar gun is a fine one, I had to get rid mine it as it did not shoot enough, if the Kolar would be capable of 120% at least plus, the accomplished shooters would shoot them. incinerate em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar low profile review

kolar low profile trap combo reviews
kolar low rib
kolar ta low profile used for sale

kolar with low rib

kolars new fixed rib trap gun
used kolar low profile