1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new K80 versus older K80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cbxchris, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I recently stumbled across some opinions elsewhere that after the upgrade around serial number 20K until the late 90's(upper 20xxxx) are considered superior in workmanship and the metal is of higher quality.I have had one prominent gunsmith tell me personally that he preferred the 20K serial number guns for overall quality in hand fitting and the crispness of the triggers. His opinion is that when krieghoff upped production to more guns some quality was lost...

Flame suit on.......just asking for opinions.

2. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I have one and I think it is far superior! :)

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

I have one for sale on here 20xxx serial no. great gun !!!

4. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I'd like to hear opinions as well.
    Jimmy

5. 3200SK Robinson

3200SK Robinson TS Member

Mine was built in '97 (24xxx) built like a tank and shoots like a dream! Rich

6. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I used to own an older style K-80 serial number around 25,000. It was a great gun with good triggers. I now own a K-80 trap special and the triggers have given me nothing but trouble. I've sent it back to Krieghoff once after the trigger broke. It worked fine for a while, now the dam thing is starting to creep and pull through again. I guess it will be making another trip to Ottsville soon. I just wish they would fix it so the trigger would work good for more than 3 months. I'm not the only one who's had the same problem either. A couple of guys I shoot with had the exact same thing happen to their K-80 Specials.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

No difference - other than odds and ends - for example there were once some hammers made that were a little brittle apparently- too much hardening=- so some cracked--

But quality wise- no difference and for pull trigger shooters no difference

Some of the earlier release trigger designs were not as good and the hammers have tended to get wider

That is why they say they make evolutionary changes

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.