1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New K-80 stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ovaljack, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Just wanted to brag a little. it's off to the checker now, hope to shoot it soon. Jack
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Jack----That's a beauty---Who did the work?-Are you going to put an adj comb???--I'm having one done and contemplating a comb?--George

3. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

George, thanks. it is out of the Dockweiller shop in Redlands, Ca.(by Horatius Petreaca). no adjustable comb until it becomes necessary. Jack

4. Nomus

Nomus TS Member

One of the prettiest pieces of wood I've seen...

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Love it, especially the forearm.

6. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Turkish walnut? Looks like exhibition grade. Pictures after checkering would be great. Can I get HP's autograph? LOL Bob

7. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Very nice. I didn't know Dockweiller would only do the wood and not the checkering.

8. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Bob, you can, but it won't be cheap. Andy

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

So is this a new partially finished stock or a refinish and the checkering has been sanded off in the process?

Gene

10. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Gene, new and at the checkers now. Jack

11. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Beautiful; who are you having to do the checkering?

12. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Jack - Is Doc doing any work himself any more and is he just running the shop with Horatius Petreaca? Thanx, Billy PS great looking wood

13. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Billy, Doc works 7 days a week, he is 87 I think. they don't make them like that anymore. Great wood is hard to find and great stockmakers even harder. He has done a super job at passing the art along to H.P.. Jack

14. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

not sure who they are using for the checkering, but it is a very nice pattern with a little carving added. will post pictures when it returns. Jack

15. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

From what I have heard directly from Jack Dockwiller recently, he is still doing a lot of stocks for Krieghoff shotguns, primarily through his old contact of du Pont Krieghoff, with whom he has dealt for years.

Jack has rarely, if ever, done checkering. He subs it out as he typically has done for years. Not to worry; it is magnificent in texture and design.

His solid gold "diamond" inlet pistol grip cap has been replaced of recent with one of solid silver content - due to cost of gold.

In my opinion NOBODY - I mean NOBODY - has ever equalled Dockwiller wood. Does it cost more? Hell, yes. Is it worth it? That is your decision. But, nobody else approaches it in quality and beauty. It stands out beyond the rest.

Better hurry if you want the best; Jack is by no means from this year's biddy crop....

One other thing...... if you have a skeet gun with a 28" barrel and you fret over not having enough forward weight, then consider a Dockwiller stock. Jack buils his stocks with a "fat" forend. It is amazing how his forends shift the weight forward on a shotgun. A 28" gun feels like a 30" gun with one of Jack's forends on it.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dockwiller gun stock

jack dockwiller hydrocoil shotgun stocks