1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New K-80 receivers - lighter?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by K80433SC, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Feb 6, 2008
    IF this is true (as you heard), it sounds like a another manufacturers' ploy to prevent the interchanging amongst shooters of older receivers and newer wood - and vice' versa.

It would appear the Krieghoff is trying to "force" everyone to pay the 15+ thousand to purchase the Trap Special, or to wait for a used one to come available.

Such a scheme would prevent me from doing what I had thought about. I know a guy who has a nice set of TS wood for sale. He wants $1000.00 for it. I saw another person was selling a set of TS O/U barrels here on TS.com for $3500.00. I was thinking of buying BOTH, and putting them on my 24XXX K80 receiver. In short, I would have created my own "Trap Special" for doubles (for an additional $4500.00 over the cost of my own receiver).

I cannot get too excited, as I do not know if the report is true. BUT -- knowing how business likes to manipulate the consumer, it would not be out of the question for such a tooling change, in an attempt to protect the sale of their product line.

And, REALLY...............what is 4 ounces, anyway?
  2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Nashville Tn
    It's about 1/4 pound! LOL

Why not call Braxton at Krieghoff Intl' and ask HIM? He will be the one to arrange barrel and stock fitting. These guns are known for their ability to upgrade older guns with newer parts.

The Trap Special is a sound concept, but some olde phartes like me prefer to mount and shoot the way we have been for the last fifty or so years!

I will second that about the '32 barrels. Hand made, hand regulated, hand choked works of art!!!

It is hard to beat an original M-32 Low rib 32" barrel set.
  3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Would the current Precision Fit grip fit on the new models?

Pat Ireland
  4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    TS wood fits a pre TS frame just fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.