1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Jesery State Shoot SUCKS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shotgun5, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotgun5

Shotgun5 Member

This last weekend we went to Pine Belt to shoot the State Shoot. We had pre- registed (6 weeks in advance). When we got there we had to get classed, than check our squad to see if everything was fine.They brought our sguad up on the screen and everything was fine. Now the next thing was to go to the pay window and pay for targets, and than it started. We were in line for 1hr. and 15 mins. just to get to the window, because the only have two windows.If you want to run with the Big Dogs than get your shit together and make more windows. Well when we findly get to the window and when Carl handed them his card they tell us we don't have a squad. That squad 25 which we paid 6 weeks ago to presquad was no longer there. They gave it to someone else!!!!!!!!!!! They made up some shit about they had a storm the night before and they lost some squads. But the idiots forgot that they checked it for us 1hr and 15 mins before,so that doesn't fly. They never apologized at all for their screw-up. They said they could put us on the last squad of the day. If you ever shot down in Pine Belt you would know that the first round you would be shooting right into the sun, and the last hundred you would need a flashlight to see them. That is why we presquaded on squad ( 25 ) We are going to file a complaint with the ATA. The State of New Jersey will never see use again. If you every think you want to go there save your time and money. Peter L Ducharme III

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Pete, sorry to hear of your expereince at Pine Belt. My buddy "Quattle," who was there this year, and I have shot there in the past and always enjoyed our time there. In fact, I won one of my most unusual trophies at their state shoot. Hopefully, they'll get their problems rectified.

Ed

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Sounds like they were trained by the world famous NJ DMV. I was a former NJ resident & the NJ DMV was a nightmare. You had to wait on line to get told what line you had to wait on line for, to wait on line.

Phil Berkowitz

4. JRW

JRW Member

Shotgun5 Sorry you had problems. Just some advice if you send in a complaint it will look better if you get help with you spelling. Jerry

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

RickN, there's likely a long line at that window too!!

6. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

Peter, I heard about the problem with your squad near the end of the day from our cashier. There was some kind of computer glitch Saturday morning and I wish you would have looked me up and talked to me before you left. I am sure we could have worked something out to your satisfaction.

We had numerous compliments about our shoot and the Club this weekend and I believe with a little patience we could have worked out your problem.

The Club faces pretty much due north so the sun is off to the left when it's setting but I don't see that being a problem yesterday as we held the shoot-offs in day light and had everything wrapped up by 7:30 / 8:00.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further, my email is at the above link.

Respectfully,

Stephen Lorenz

NJSTA President

7. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Just curious--what ATA Rule do you think NJ violated?

8. zarathrusta

zarathrusta TS Member

WIN1911: Check you spelling before pointing out other's mistakes.

9. JRW

JRW Member

Zara; You now know why I made suggestion. If I were to send important message, I would get help. Jerry

10. Drusso

Drusso Member

Yes I am from New Jersey
    Yes I was at the State shoot Sat and Sunday
    Yes there was a long line in the morning waiting to sign up.......

It appears that you got a crummy deal, but these things happen. The crew at Pine Belt did a great job running the event. They churned quite a few shooters through there on SAturday and Sunday. It is unfortunate that you feel the way you do, but to badmouth the entire event is wrong (my opinion). I hope you will forget about it and do it again next year......

Damian

11. ABH

ABH Member

Phil,I am a resident of New Jersey.I can tell you from experience that you were rite about NJ DMV.I stress the word (WERE).The McGreeve administration was a national joke.But,there was one thing he did get rite.He straightened out that mess big time.I was there twice in the last five years.I spent a total of maybe 10 minutes there combined.Whittman did nothing to fix it.I doubt any state has anything on NJ's DMV anymore.
    ART HARDWICK

12. JPBROWN

JPBROWN TS Member

Granted there were some words misspelled, but we all could understand his content.

13. zarathrusta

zarathrusta TS Member

WIN1911: You know me - always trying to help.

14. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

don't file anything with the ata they won't help just mark it up as a bad exp. and don't go back. I have several shoots on my list that I will not att. ever again bat.

15. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

I think you did get a raw deal and one which they could have corrected on the spot ---- put the squad that took your reservation to the end of the day and let you shoot on 25.

They did screw-up big time and it doesn't make any difference at all if the conditons for the last squad out were good or not.

I think your analysis is "spot on".

16. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

Mr. Lorenz, With all due respect: once you were informed of the problem I think you (or some authority) should have contacted Mr. Ducharme, even if it meant calling him at home. Maybe its not too late.

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I think your post here and the response from the NJSTA prez. was more than enough. This happened to my whole squad in Tennessee some years ago with their refusal to come to some kind of agreement.

We were going to add Tenn. to our annual state shoot tour but haven't been back since. That's your best revenge.

18. quattle

quattle Member

I was in line right behind you guys for the same hour and 15 min. and I too think you got a raw deal with the folks in the office. If I decided not to go back to some place because of incompetent office help or what I perceive as incompetent office help then there would be a whole host of places that I wouldn’t go back to. I was there Sat and Sun and although I didn’t shoot particularly well, the targets were set good, the weather was nice (Sat and Sun. anyway)the kids doing the scoring and loading the traps were friendly. All and all it seemed that most of the folks tried hard to make sure that they did their jobs. Hard to ask for much more. Hope I get a chance to return next year.

pq

19. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Don't waste your time complaining to the ATA they don't care. You got a great response from the President of the State Association and that says a lot about their organization. Maybe you should give them another try and keep the Presidents name handy. JRM

20. Shotgun5

Shotgun5 Member

I just got off the phone with Stephen Lorenz from the NJSTA. After listening to his side of what took place,i may have jumped the gun.The problem wasn't with the club,but with the incompetent people that run the office.I'am sorry that i went off on NJSTA and there officers.Stephen did get back to me and i thank him for that.Thank You Peter L Ducharme III

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.